Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip (/showthread.php?tid=96185)

Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip - cjs - 02-20-2010

Another successful one from the Slow Cooker Menus book. I had two pieces of thick sirloin in the freezer, so used those which combined made about 1/2 the amount needed for the recipe. But I used the called for amounts (about for the onion & carrot) of the other ingredients and I'm glad I did, I have a nice batch of shredded meat with lots of 'gravy' leftovr to use. Oh, and I had some beef stock, so subbed that for the chicken.

The flavors are very good in this and the mayo/horseradish is a great flavor addition to the sandwich.

The directions say to strain the gravy so you have a jus to serve with the beef, but I kept the veggies in and we liked it.

All in all, I'll make this one again.

Re: Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip - Gourmet_Mom - 02-20-2010

Thanks, Jean. I have that one marked. I think I'll go make up my menu for next week. Between this, my birthday dinner, Erin's dinner, and a couple other review dinners on here, I think planning is about done!

Re: Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip - cjs - 02-20-2010

One down and two to go for me too on the B'day dinners. When I saw your name, I thought, what's Dapne doing home... duh, not only do I not know what time it is anymore, don't know the days either.

Happy weekend!!