Cuisine at home Forums
OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) (/showthread.php?tid=96411)

OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - labradors - 02-24-2010

Great news article about a lab

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - chef_Tab - 02-24-2010

Now isn't that a nice story. And no pet was eaten in the process I would really like to know what the "one cat" did to receive a medal. I love cats, but you typically don't get a medal for looking adorable.

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - labradors - 02-24-2010

LOL! Actually, when I typed my original message, I almost added, "Oh... just ignore the part about the cat," but it wouldn't have made sense until after the article had been read.

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - Gourmet_Mom - 02-24-2010

AWWWWW! Look at that face! So sweet! What a great story, Rob...THANKS!

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - Old Bay - 02-24-2010

Quote:

AWWWWW! Look at that face! So sweet! What a great story, Rob...THANKS!

While I was reading this the story came on national news (ABC). How about that!!??!! Good dog that!!

I'm sure that now, in retirement, he's perfectly contented with a tennis ball, instead.

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - foodfiend - 02-24-2010

We almost adopted a black Lab last fall, but someone else beat us to it. They are awesome dogs!

About the feline recipient of the Dickin medal:

1949: Simon – the *****'s cat on HMS Amethyst during the Yangtze Incident, noted for surviving injuries from a cannon shell, raising morale and killing off a rat infestation during the incident, by doing this duty despite being wounded. He was raised to the fanciful rank of "Able Seacat" and awarded a campaign medal. The medal was sold by the Royal Navy and is now a valuable collectors item, partly because Simon has been the only cat to win the medal

The rest can be read about at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickin_Medal

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - chef_Tab - 02-24-2010

Thanks for that Vicci! I love a good cat story. I thought that mouse control may have been part of that story. All I know is that we have yet to have a rodent problem in any house we have lived in. And I am never at a loss for entertainment.

Re: OT: This must be one of my cousins ;) - Old Bay - 02-24-2010

Quote:

We almost adopted a black Lab last fall, but someone else beat us to it. They are awesome dogs!

About the feline recipient of the Dickin medal:

1949: Simon – the *****'s cat on HMS Amethyst during the Yangtze Incident, noted for surviving injuries from a cannon shell, raising morale and killing off a rat infestation during the incident, by doing this duty despite being wounded. He was raised to the fanciful rank of "Able Seacat" and awarded a campaign medal. The medal was sold by the Royal Navy and is now a valuable collectors item, partly because Simon has been the only cat to win the medal

The rest can be read about at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickin_Medal

Hear, hear, good Seacat that!!

Quote:

Hear, hear, good Seacat that!!

Bah! He was only in it for the fish.