Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner???? (/showthread.php?tid=96595)

What's for Sunday Dinner???? - cjs - 02-28-2010

I have no idea what the chef is preparing.....

What are you all planning?

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - - 02-28-2010

steamed oysters and more of that hot potato salad from the new issue.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - chef_Tab - 02-28-2010

Oh Sonja, did you love that hot potato salad? It sure looks good. And how did the mu shu wraps turn out?

Jean, how fun to have a mystery dinner prepared by Denise! I would be happy with a PBJ if it meant I could be with you all!

Dinner tonight is going to be the thai cashew noodles with spicy scallops. I ended up making the ribs last night instead. The prep work is done so I can enjoy the hockey game this afternoon.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - cjs - 02-28-2010

Wow, everyone's ideas sound so good! (just talked to Denise and she's working on appies...... )

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-28-2010

We're having Black Diamond Steak with Mushroom Risotto and a nice salad with either the Greek dressing we had the other day, Caesar, or Blue Cheese....undecided at this point.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - DFen911 - 02-28-2010

What?! I thought you were doing dinner and I was doing appies?!

Hehehe kidding...I sure hope dinner comes out good. And dessert is uber simple..lol I need to get started on that too. See you this afternoon

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - Dismc - 02-28-2010

We're having the Lacquered Short Ribs. Don't know what with. Maybe steamed rice like it shows. Just made a second big pot of coffee and doesn't look like anyone wants any so I may make Coffee Granita with whipped cream for dessert. Sounds cool after the spice of the ribs.

Ok just looked at the b-day dinner thread and see part of the review includes the jasmine rice and sauteed kale. Don't have kale but do have baby broccolini so that's what I'll do.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - luvnit - 02-28-2010

Well, right now we're having Bloody Mary's (very spicy). Later for dinner some leftover Chicken and Rice or leftover Tex-Mex Lasagna. Both are good, but I am partial to the Tex-Mex Lasagna myself.

Nice, sunny Sunday afternoon. Hope everyone else is having a good afternoon too.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - Lorraine - 02-28-2010

I made a tomato sauce for pasta, or I have some rosemary foccacia that makes great pizza.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? - - 02-28-2010

Theresa, we love the potato salad - and the girls liked it as well - it really doesn't "go" with steamed oysters but we wanted them to try it. Oh, and the wraps were a hit as well. Mister and I really liked them. He was very surprised with the slaw dressing - it was a great supper. I think you will like those scallops as well - they are yummy.