Cuisine at home Forums
Cape Cod - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cape Cod (/showthread.php?tid=96908)

Cape Cod - DFen911 - 03-07-2010

So this May Derek and I are going to Cape Cod. We arrive May 8th thru the 15th.

Anyone in that area that would like to get together? Or any restaurant suggestions?

Re: Cape Cod - chef_Tab - 03-07-2010

What town are you staying in? One of my favorite restaurants is called "Lindsays" on Route 6 before you actually get to the Cape. They make these clam cakes, which are huge chunks of clam in a fritter type batter that is deep fried. They are best fresh and hot, but still delicious the next day. You could stop and get a bag for the ride onto the Cape. My favorite places tend to be the smaller shacks that prepare the seafood simply, nothing gourmet. Are you flying into Boston? Oh my, I sure wish I could meet you there. I may have to give this some serious thought!!!

Re: Cape Cod - Harborwitch - 03-07-2010

Are you guys riding out?? Do you have your route planned??? If you happen to get through North Dakota give us a yell.

Re: Cape Cod - cjs - 03-07-2010

Anybody close enough to see Denise & Derek, take advantage of it - they are such a cool, fun couple.

Re: Cape Cod - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2010

I personally liked it better when you guys were headed to Myrtle Beach...OH WELL!

Re: Cape Cod - luvnit - 03-07-2010

I think on your way to Myrtle Beach you have at least North Dakota AND Minneaota to stop by and hang out!

Welcoming and free of charge!

Re: Cape Cod - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2010

OOPS! Sorry to confuse the issue here....they're going to Cape Cod. Myrtle Beach was initially the destination, but got nixed early in the planning.

Re: Cape Cod - Harborwitch - 03-07-2010

You're right - they have to go right by us! We should waylay them Stuff them full of good ol' Midwest food and . . . catch 'em again on their way home.

Re: Cape Cod - mfs02865 - 03-08-2010

If you are in the Hyannis area, check out the Road House. Great food great atmosphere. I beleive they have jazz on Monday? nights. One block over from Main Street.

mfs

Re: Cape Cod - cjs - 03-08-2010

Welcome, mfs, and what a way to start by recommending an eating place for D & D! Come back often with ideas.