Cuisine at home Forums
It's like camping... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: It's like camping... (/showthread.php?tid=97057)

It's like camping... - DFen911 - 03-11-2010

So had this wonderful thunder storm pass through. Something we haven't seen here in years. And during my appreciation of it failed to ponder side affects.

So my fridge is toast for the next week to week and a half while they order a new motherboard for it.

We lost a lot, but were able to save a lot too and I'm now living out of 3 ice chests I'm going to look at it like we're camping...but with hot water and a working toilet hahahaha!

Re: It's like camping... - cjs - 03-11-2010

That beautiful piece of equipment is not working? - oh my! Time for your cast iron dutch oven playing. Are you sitting around the dining room eating off your laps????

Re: It's like camping... - Harborwitch - 03-11-2010

Similar to moving to North Dakota, huh! Except we spent the first 3 days living in an ice chest, had a fridge, but no running water and bucket flush toilets! Ain't camping grand?

Re: It's like camping... - Gourmet_Mom - 03-11-2010

I like Denise's odds better...but neither sounds like much fun...UGH!

I hope you part comes in fast!

Re: It's like camping... - Harborwitch - 03-11-2010

We're now "mucked in"! The snow is melting fast, darn it! We're hoping for a couple days of drying wind, some sun, and no rain. Fat chance, but we can always hope. They don't plow mud so we may be here for a few days. Gads I hope not!

Re: It's like camping... - HomeCulinarian - 03-11-2010

Sorry to hear some of you are roughing it this week! Haven't had an appliance break down for about a month now!