Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad (/showthread.php?tid=97245)

Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - cjs - 03-13-2010

Made this last night and used chicken meat (split breast) from the roasted chicken instead of the pecan crusted fried chicken pieces that were called for. Sure happy I did that when after dinner I read the nutrition for the recipe!! 1008 cal; 67g fat; 49g carb; & 1204mg sodium

I'm sure crusting and frying the chicken would have been really good, but the roasted chicken made a great salad. The citrus dressing (with Meyer lemon juice ) is super.

The Olive Cheddar rounds (w/English muffins) call for kalamatas and what a tasty combination with the salad. This recipe calls for 2 cups cheddar for 4 Eng. muffins, which I halfed, but I used no where near 1 cup between 2 muffins. But, I did up the amount of kalamatas from 3 for 4 muffins to 3 or 4 per muffin.

Overall, we both really enjoyed this dinner. and it's great with a riesling.

From Sandwiches & Salads book.

Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - Gourmet_Mom - 03-13-2010

Thanks for the review, Jean. I'll have to give that one a look. It's warming up around here....time to get that book back out.

Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - cjs - 03-13-2010

Grilled chicken would be the best to use now that the weather is cooperating, I'm thinking!!

Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - labradors - 03-13-2010

BTW, your subject line could use another C.

Re: Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - cjs - 03-13-2010

pean....uhhhhh, you may be right (and you went nowhere with this??)

Re: Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad - labradors - 03-13-2010

Hard to take "praise-crusted chicken" very far.