Cuisine at home Forums
Baking Hint - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Baking Hint (/showthread.php?tid=97923)

Baking Hint - cjs - 03-25-2010

No, this is not a joke - a baking tip from the world's worst baker!!!

A lot of times when I make bread/cakes, I make them in individual little tins so I can give some away. When I find the perfect size tin (I have lots of different sizes) to match the dough/batter quantity, I can never remember which one I used. SO, with the advent of the computer cameras and us having instant access to our pictures, I did this this a.m.

Needed to use up some getting old buttermilk and a pretty sad looking banana, so I'm making a chocolate chip banana bread. And, it looks like I used the perfect size pans - I took a picture and I'll tape it to the recipe and I'm good to go next time.

[Image: chocchipbananabread.jpg]

geez, why didn't I think of this a long time ago....

Re: Baking Hint - - 03-25-2010

what a neat idea - thanks for sharing this, Jean. Mister is on some smoking/grilling forums and he always takes photos of all his ingredients when he is making something new so he doesn't forget to post something.

Re: Baking Hint - luvnit - 03-25-2010

You are a clever gal!

Re: Baking Hint - cjs - 03-25-2010

Now, that's a great idea - sure saves writing down everything. and then you can work on quantities. hmmmmm, like that. Thanks Sonja and Mister!

Jean, could you tell me what brand is that pan in the photo? I don't think I have ever seen one of those. I make a lot of mini loaves in those throw-away pans but I would surely like to have one of what that is in the photo - thanks a bunch.

Re: Baking Hint - Gourmet_Mom - 03-25-2010

Cool idea!

Re: Baking Hint - cjs - 03-25-2010

Sonja, it's a Wilson pan - sure is nice.

thanks, Jean - looking for one now -

Re: Baking Hint - Harborwitch - 03-25-2010

How clever Jean! I'll keep that in mind.

Re: Baking Hint - labradors - 03-25-2010

That would probably be even better for you if MC allowed attaching photos to a recipe.