Cuisine at home Forums
Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review (/showthread.php?tid=98056)

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - cjs - 03-27-2010

Oh, this is a good one!! Thanks Laura, for posting it -
I didn't have any bread, so I used a 'sandwich thin' that a lot of us have been buying at Costco and it worked great.

I also used my 'big' muffin tin, but I still wouldn't get all the egg in it.

[Image: BaconEggCup2.jpg]

Roy is still raving (2 hours later) about how much he liked this breakfast. Didn't get the champagne glasses in, tho.

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - Gourmet_Mom - 03-27-2010

"Didn't get the champagne glasses in, tho." TURKEY!

Very pretty plates, Jean. What's in Roy's "fruit cup"? I'm guessing that's YOUR dish of plouts from last fall.

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - luvnit - 03-27-2010

Wow! That looks really good Jean. I think I'll have to get the large muffin tin. Worked fine in the regular tins, but I think the large one would be even better.

Beautiful! My daughter just saw your photo and said, "Is that our house?" Recognizing the breakfast we had this morning. Yep, that's a keeper.

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - cjs - 03-27-2010

And that's a breakfast she'll be able to make before long, Laura! It is good, isn't it?

We flipped a coin, I got the apricots and he got the cherries - we sure are enjoying having all that fruit at hand and fruit that isn't sickly sweet.

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - DFen911 - 03-27-2010

**removed** found what I was looking for

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - foodfiend - 03-27-2010

Jean did you use a whole sandwich thin in each muffin tin, or split it in two (as if using it to make a sandwich)?

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - esgunn - 03-27-2010

Looks great - thanks Laura and Jean for your review! Will need to try these! Good to know the sandwich thin works!

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - cjs - 03-28-2010

I used half a sandwich thin for each, so just one.

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - luvnit - 03-29-2010

I tried to look up what a sandwich thin is. I found something round made by Arnold. Is that what you are talking about? They look cool. I have never heard of them before. Now my question is to they split in two? like a pita? so Jean when you said
Quote:

I used half a sandwich thin for each, so just one.

I am not sure what you meant by that.

These sandwich thins look great and you are right Jean, Maggie or 'Chef-a-nota' could probably make these right now. Those sandwich thins would make that so easy!

Re: Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups Review - cjs - 03-29-2010

Not Arnold's - Oroweat. I've only seen them at Costco. Roy hates lots of bread on his sandwiches, so he just loves these.

http://www.sandwichthins.com/