Trip to Eastern Seaboard
  Re: (...)
Ok so my post was too long to put here so I put it on my blog. It's a long read and has a few photos. Didn't want to bore anyone with a post they'd open and think "Gah too much...must get wine..."

http://lovescooking.blogspot.com/
  Re: Trip to Eastern Seaboard by DFen911 (Ok so my post was to...)
You would NEVER bore me with photos of anything! I love your pics. Then I had to scroll down and see that photo of your boeuf bourguignon you had with Jean and Roy. Holy moly, evertying I see that I want to make it!

It's on the list now!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by luvnit (You would NEVER bore...)
Denise, what a fun read! I read it while on hold with my bank. Perfect timing. Made it much more enjoyable. The story about the Red Parrot had me giggling. Too Funny.

I am curious though - why don't you eat seafood from the west coast? We have terrific fish and shell fish.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by luvnit (You would NEVER bore...)
Denise, it was FABULOUS!!!!!! I can't wait to go back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, it was FABUL...)
Thank you I forgot to mention we went wine tasting to 2 vineyards over there. We had 5 bottles shipped home but had 3 bottles to bring home and put them in our suitcase. So off our suitcase goes behind the counter and off to the plane. I knew they were well wrapped so wasn't too worried about them breaking. Derek and I head to the gate to wait for our plane.

Well I guess when our suitcase went thru X-ray alarms went off. I can see the tech's face in my mind "WHAT THE!?!?! Hey we got 3 cylindrical objects in this case!! Code orange!" I can picture the dog being released to sniff the case out.

Cause when we got home and opened our case it was obvious they tore it apart to inspect the bottles

My new fav wine at both wineries is Cabernet Franc followed by Rochambeau. We also ordered a white and red called ***** of the Walk and Landot Noir.

We've decided after this trip to do a lot more wine tastings and eat more fish.
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by DFen911 (Thank you [img]/ubbt...)
Denise, I loved it! I actually felt like I was back home. It's a dreary day here, but now I am smiling.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by chef_Tab (Denise, I loved it! ...)
Is the "Easter Seaboard" on the east coast?????

Off to read the blog!!! Sure glad you're home, Denise - we missed you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trip to Easter Seaboard by cjs (Is the "Easter Seabo...)
I changed the subject line! But I guess it didn't change in all the responses...doh!
  Re: Re: Trip to Eastern Seaboard by DFen911 (I changed the subjec...)
Took a minute this a.m. to read your blog, Denise, what a great trip you and Derek had. I WILL get there, too! Come h*ll or high water.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com