Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th??
  Re: (...)
I found another pkg. of pasta and something in the freezer last night, so we'll have it for dinner tonight. And, maybe a slice of Peanut Butter Pie - she won't miss 2 little slices, do you think???

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by cjs (I found another pkg....)
I had some ham bones from the wedding Sunday, so made ham stock yesterday. Tonight will be ham lima bean soup, probably with biscuits, and fresh fruit for dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by Lorraine (I had some ham bones...)
"Tonight will be ham lima bean soup, probably with biscuits" - I have a ham bone in the freezer also and they are calling for rain for the next few days..... YES, EVEN FOR SATURDAY!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by cjs ("Tonight will be ham...)
We're giving the Bahn Mi burgers you have all talked about (from the grilling book) a try tonight. I'm really looking forward to them. No rain here today!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by karyn (We're giving the Bah...)
We had rain, and the temps got cooler....low 70's. I wish I had some ham stock for lima bean soup! YUM! But I'd have to make corn bread...the kind that's more like a corn pone...fried.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by Gourmet_Mom (We had rain, and the...)
Ron had a doctor appt. after work, so we went to that, then went out to Cleats for wings and beer. Real healthy, huh?
(One last hurrah before the dietary changes begin)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by Mare749 (Ron had a doctor app...)
wings and beer! Two of my favs!

I made a roast chicken with carrots and corn on the cob. Today was really cool and damp and dreary so having the oven on was cozy. I opened one of the bottles of the newly released Geisenheim, boy is that yummy.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by chef_Tab (wings and beer! Two ...)
Sloppy Joes!

When asked how to eat one of these little babies I like to say "Agressively before it can escape from it's bun prison"
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, May 18th?? by DFen911 (Sloppy Joes! [br][br...)
Well, heck! I forgot to post what we were having for dinner! YS is picking the menu this week. We had hot dogs with home made chili and slaw. I suggested sweet potato fries, but got outvoted...Ore Ida's Fast Fries....I didn't have any. Now to figure out how to avoid that half carton of chocolate ice cream in the freezer somebody had the nerve to buy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.