What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

I'm starting my cooking for my party on Saturday, so we'll probably just pick at something or other. (I probably should not make the Kahlua today, it might be gone by Saturday!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
LOL! I'd wait! I know it'd be gone if it was at my house!

My YS is leaving tomorrow for the summer, so I let him pick menu items for this week. His grand finale choice? Paula Deen's Shrimp and Grits with a salad and Peanut Butter Pie with Fudge Topping or Double-the-Yum Cake...his choice. (I didn't get his cheesecake made...OOOPS! I guess that will go in a care package later in the summer!)

I need to hustle!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I'd wait! I k...)
I made a new Dr Gourmet recipe that turned out quite well. The recipe called for Halibut, but there was none at the store so I subbed in Cod. It is basically the fish, yellow bell pepper strips, cannelini beans, green onion, olives, and wine with seasonings cooked in a foil pouch. I used kalamata olives instead of black olives and cooked the foil packets on the grill instead of the oven. Since I made a pound of fish, I did not bother with a side dish. We are both full and I will make this often. Very easy, healthy and delicious.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by chef_Tab (I made a new Dr Gour...)
Jean, just make a double batch of kahula!
Daphne, sounds like someone will be missing his Mom's cooking.
Theresa, how do you think that fish recipe be with chickpeas (I don't "do" beans well, but I have some cod loins I need to use)?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by foodfiend (Jean, just make a do...)
I made Chicken Paprikash in the crock pot. The kids gave it a thumbs up.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by foodfiend (Jean, just make a do...)
Vicci, I am not sure. The only time I use chickpeas is for making hummus. The cannelini beans gave a nice creamy texture and allowed the other flavors to shine. I am thinking chickpeas just might work. Let me know if you want the recipe. You can make the foil packets ahead and keep refrigerated for quick and healthy dinner later.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by chef_Tab (Vicci, I am not sure...)
I'd love to see the recipe, Theresa - and I bet chickpeas would be good in it also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/20?? by cjs (I'd love to see the ...)
I was finally able to cook in the kitchen. Herb roasted chicken, gravy, rice, and some mixed veggies I found in the freezer. It wasn't what I planned with the chicken - but it was good. Yeah!!!

The leftover chicken will go to something else, we bought a charcoal grill for back here and we're dying to use it - the wind has been horrible though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!