T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight??

One thing we're going to have this afternoon - Pineapple Martini...the batch is ready today!! (signed anxious)

I have game hens thawed out and will have a take off of a caprese salad & grilled sweet tato fries. Another gorgeous day in Paradise.

Edited to add: found what I want to make for tonight. Grilling book #3 has a Sweet & Hot Pepper Chicken (pg. 29) that sounds really good along with salsa mashed potatoes. YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Nigella is three for three, so we're going with another one....Juicy Beef Skewers with Horseradish Dip. I'm thinking of doing some garlicky/horseradish mashed potatoes. Or I may try to roast them on the grill with the dijon/rosemary mixture and add some horseradish to the mix. We'll have some sort of salad to go with.

Jean, I'm supposed to be cooking from that book also. I'll be anxious to see if I need to add this recipe to the list. After taking a look, I'm not sure now why I haven't got it on there already.

Jean, I'll be anxious to hear how the martinis turn out. Be sure to post after the first but before the second....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Nigella is three for...)
I cannot read these threads first thing in the morning! It makes me hungry and want to cook something other than what I had planned

Crab was on sale so making crab cakes
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by DFen911 (I cannot read these ...)
"Crab was on sale so making crab cakes" HELLO!! Now I want to make crab cakes....

Daphne, I think that is very good advice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by cjs ("Crab was on sale so...)
I got some gorgeous bell peppers at the market, red, yellow, and orange, so made stuffed peppers this morning and put them in the crockpot. Then I made Ron's favorite summer dessert, lemon torte.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by Mare749 (I got some gorgeous ...)
Friday is dinner out - usually bar food. Tonight is Esquire Lounge.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by HomeCulinarian (Friday is dinner out...)
Goat cheese and basil stuffed chicken, sauteed broccolini & garlic, leftover rice and a fresh baguette.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by Trixxee (Goat cheese and basi...)
Fuzzy Sunday Specials

PBR Pints - $1.00
Pineapple Tequila - $2.00
------
I sure wish we had some different places around here to try out. Pineapple Tequila.....hmmmmm, sounds good, Jeannette!

I used to go to school (Blackhawk Jr. College) with some folks from Champaign, when we were in Kewannee.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by cjs (Fuzzy Sunday Special...)
Before I dart out to go to the meat market with William (I'm so excited!), I thought I'd post my results on dinner. I was sadly underwhelmed with this one. William liked it, but I just didn't care for the vinegary flavor added to the meat. That and the horseradish sauce was not as good as mine. Oh well, you can't win them all!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/16/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Before I dart out to...)
"Juicy Beef Skewers with Horseradish Dip." - this one? that's too bad, but at least you know overall the book is a good one!!

Have fun at the meat market!
www.achefsjourney.com