Saturday's Dinner, July 24??
  Re: (...)
(the question marks are more for "is today the 24th?" than asking the question....I've lost track of days and times!!

What's on the menu for everyone?

We'll be with Houseboat Don today, so have no idea what we will cook up. Did some wine tasting yesterday at two wineries - one, Ponzi, was O.K. but a little too full of themselves for their wines. The second one, Cooper Mountain Vineyard had some great wines.

http://www.coopermountainwine.com/

We picked up three of their wines - I think my favorite was '09 Tocai Friulano, a very citrusy white that I'm anxious to try with some Asian... Also, a Malbec that they have made in Argentina (which I'd never heard of a local winery doing) & oh my it was so nice.

Had dinner here - http://www.tadschicdump.com/ what a fun place on the banks of the Sandy River. One of the specials was Razor Clams, my all time favorite clam, so that's what I had and they were delicious!! Did take some pictures, but I don't have my cable with me...

So, back to the subject of the thread - have no idea what Don will come up with for us to cook. have a great day all!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, July 24?? by cjs ((the question marks ...)

I love malbec.

I need ideas!

Well, I have salmon thawed, and anything I make must be grilled. I have a lot of cukes and was thinking about some kind of cucumber-feta sauce... or not... anyone have some ideas for me? Sleep last night in the 85 degree bedroom was difficult and I feel like I'm in a very dense fog, here. (repeat after me-- "it's better than cold, it's better than snow")
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Tortellini with spinach pesto so far, still thinking of an appy. Trying to keep it simple, heading out for camping tomorrow
Cis
Empress for Life
If I can get my kitchen put back together, we'll have Jean's Taco Salad...finally. That and the Lemon Shrimp Skewers have been on the menu for WAY too long.

I'm also going to smoke my bacon today! Wish me luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Not sure yet. I have some smoked chicken left over that might be good for chicken salad sammies. Would like to go down to the West Side Market today for some veggies to put on the grill. We do that a lot lately. They make great sandwiches too, especially on homemade bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, July 24?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. I hav...)
Vicci, have you ever prepared salmon this way? Brush with a little lemon juice, sprinkle with brown sugar and top with tarragon leaves. I grill this salmon on a foil sheet and don't turn it over. Great, easy flavors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, July 24?? by cjs (Vicci, have you ever...)
Jean, I don't have fresh tarragon, but it would taste fine with oregano I think. And maybe a cucumber-feta salad to go with... thanks for the idea!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, July 24?? by foodfiend (Jean, I don't have f...)
Added note decided to broil some shrimp with Italian seasonings to make the tortellini go further. When I bought it, I didn't notice it's just a teeny bit in the pkg.
Cis
Empress for Life
I had a girlfriend and her daughter down for dinner. We had a lot of fun. Lots of appetizer snackies -most from C@H - I will report tomorrow. The wine, the sun, the good food and the good company and I am wiped out.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.