What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu?

I'm finally making C@H's Turkey Chiles Rellenos with the refried black beans for supper and another Crab and Corn salad for light dinner - was that ever good. I'm going to go post the recipe separately.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well, it all depends on William. We'll have either the Goujons of Sole with Dill Mayonnaise or the Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes if he remembers my fish, dill, and goat cheese. If not, I haven't a clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I have plans to take a culinary basics class tonight with a girlfriend. Hubby and young daughter will heat up the catering package of beef from Portillos. Everybody's happy!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by HomeCulinarian (I have plans to take...)
You know, come to think of it, I may get dinner out tonight. We talked about going to the city so that I can pick out my new lens for my camera...anniversary present.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (You know, come to th...)
Daphne, have fun shopping for your lens!

I found some lamb tenderloins at the store, so I'm going to try a Giada recipe--Proscuitto and Cheese Stuffed Lamb Tenderloins.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by karyn (Daphne, have fun sho...)
I'm making yogurt marinated chicken kabobs, yellow rice and broccolini.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by Trixxee (I'm making yogurt ma...)
Cousin Timmy and his wife are coming over for dinner.

Braised pork belly with coconut polenta, and sauteed baby carrots & snap peas. Depending on time - some pickled radishes.

For appies - I may play with the Shrimp Sushi Parfait and make it with fake crab (she is allergic to shellfish and ALL nuts)(perhaps serve in shooter glasses instead of martini glasses) , and some Nigiri sushi with Ahi and wasabi caviar.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by Harborwitch (Cousin Timmy and his...)
Theresa, I thought you had reviewed the Turkey Chiles Rellenos, but didn't get it with a search. I thought they were just too darn hot to enjoy the flavors. AND, we enjoy hot dishes, so I was surprised.

Might play with them again after I get over having to throw away 2 of them (Roy will keep two for his breakfasts)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by cjs (Theresa, I thought y...)
Jean, here it is: REVIEW: Turkey Chili Rellenos

As expected, SOMEBODY, forgot to call for grocery run, so dinner is again up in the air. And I WILL NOT have leftovers OR hot dogs again. Since I can't seem to make up my mind on the lens...still doing research...the trip to the city will have to wait. Also, the trip to Boone is off for a few more weeks after William had to pay for his transmission to be replaced on his work truck. But at least I have my car back.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/10?? by cjs (Theresa, I thought y...)
Too hot? Well, I guess peppers do vary because I complained they weren't hot enough! Sorry you didn't like them Jean. We loved them and I will be making them again next week. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I wasn't able to make the salsa verde. As I recall, that wasn't spicy tho.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!