September Canada, New England cruise
  Re: (...)
We are cruising up the St Lawrence River from Quebec to NYC. We have free port time in Quebec on Sept. 14 and 15, and Newport RI on Sept 25. Is anyone near enough to meet for lunch, dinner, drinks, wine?? We are in Newport from 10AM to 6PM. PJ? How close are you? Anyone else? We love to meet our CAH friends whenever the opportunity presents itself.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Old Bay (We are cruising up t...)
Poopy! We'll be in CA. Quebec will be on next year's list. Still have to get our passports.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Harborwitch (Poopy! We'll be in ...)
Oh you will LOVE Newport RI. Be sure to go to the Red Parrot, big place but really good food. The best mussles on our trip I ate there.

Are you guys ever coming out west?
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by DFen911 (Oh you will LOVE New...)
Quote:

Oh you will LOVE Newport RI. Be sure to go to the Red Parrot, big place but really good food. The best mussles on our trip I ate there.

Are you guys ever coming out west?

Thanks for the lead on the Red Parrot!!! We were out west 2 years ago and are due to go to Washington, Napa, Sonoma, or maybe even San Diego in the next year or two. Let's try and get together--Are you all coming thru Texas??
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill, it's a shame you guys didn't get to my neck of the woods this summer. But be sure to let me know when you get back to Charleston! William and I would LOVE an excuse to go down!

And I haven't totally discounted a trip to TX over Christmas break. A chance to meet not ONE but FOUR C@H buddies, Roy and Jane are definite must meets, is a BIG incentive!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, it's a shame y...)
We're leaving on vacation on Sept. 24 and heading first to VA to visit Lorraine, then on to Myrtle Beach and hopefully will see Daphne again. Oh, how I long for a New England vacation though! Haven't been up that way for a number of years, but love it. Be sure you visit a mansion or two if you have time while you are in Newport.

Vicci is gone for the weekend, but I think she said something about going up that way around the same time. I think it was in PJ's post.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, it's a shame y...)
We're coming to Charleston in the spring of '11!! We'll stay in touch--December in Texas--we have 2 extra bedrooms!!! Roy & Jean have a trailer--we have water and electricity--AND wine, a bar, and a big kitchen--come on over--we'll show you a whole "nother country"!! Oh, plenty of food!! Let's work on dates.
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Old Bay (We're coming to Char...)
Bill, with the kids, college, my mom, etc., Christmas Break is VERY iffy....more a dream, actually. BUT since William had to "kill" my Great North West trip this summer, he may be a little more amenable. We'll see. But Spring '11 is VERY doable!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, with the kids,...)
I guess it is time to get the dates in order, isn't it. We'll drag the maps out this weekend and start working on the trip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: September Canada, New England cruise by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You also need to hit Zelda's (if it's still there, that is). They have the BEST calamari we've ever had!

If you can get any cottage tours in, I highly recommend Breakers, The Elms, Rosecliff, and The Marble house.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.