Potato Skins Ideas???
  Re: (...)
I made baked potato soup yesterday and I have these beautiful potato skins just daring me to do something with them...anyone have any ideas?

Just remember, I'm trying really hard to be healthy, so I'm not even looking at the ideas I already have that I've done in the past.

I guess if nothing else, I could add 'a little' cheddar (or other high flavor cheese), green onions and just have that....maybe a alittle salsa?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by cjs (I made baked potato ...)
I like your idea for a smidge of good cheese, some onion and salsa. What about topping with a tsp. of sour cream?

Jean, I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese a lot also. It's good on the new bagel thins that came out a while back. Maybe try some of that on the potato skin, and top with chives and diced tomatoes? Or even a sprinkle of your Canadian bacon minced fine. Yum, sounds good to me!

P.S. go check your email
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by Mare749 (I like your idea for...)
How about some goat cheese, chopped kalamatas, and some sort of hot pepper? Hot banana peppers come to mind.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by Mare749 (I like your idea for...)
Are the skins somewhat whole or are they in small pieces? How about some low or not fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or pretend it is a pizza and add some fresh tomatoes, low fat mozz, some fresh basil, drizzle with evoo? If they are crisp or you can crisp them a bit, pretend they are tortilla chips and use as a base for small cube fresh veggie nacho (less cheese more veggies to make it healthy.)
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by chef_Tab (How about some goat ...)
How about cutting into bite size pieces, top with refried black beans , salsa, and cover with a piece of pepper jack cheese. Put under the broiler until cheese melts--potato nachos!!! Sounds good to me.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by Old Bay (How about cutting in...)
POTATO SKIN NACHOS - MY WORD, BILL!!!

What a bunch of great ideas, thanks - now, Ihave to make some more baked potato soup!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by cjs (POTATO SKIN NACHOS -...)
Every idea sounds really great. Perhaps potato skins should be somewhere in my near future!
  Re: Re: Potato Skins Ideas??? by Old Bay (How about cutting in...)
Quote:

How about cutting into bite size pieces, top with refried black beans , salsa, and cover with a piece of pepper jack cheese. Put under the broiler until cheese melts--potato nachos!!! Sounds good to me.

I vote for this one! Yum!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."