What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11??
  Re: (...)
Dreadful date.

What's on everyone's menu?

I'm doing an Eggplant Parmigiana.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by cjs (Dreadful date.[br][b...)
I *think* we're having Reuben sandwiches with coleslaw. I have had a frozen pre-cooked corned beef in my freezer from Trader Joe's since St. Patrick's Day. You just warm it up in oven with some water in the pan and foil it up tightly. I hope it's still ok. I'll pick up the coleslaw from our little local BBQ place - I can't make it anywhere near as good as they can.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by Trixxee (I *think* we're havi...)
Fun day planned. First, we're going to the kite festival at Edgewater Park, then off to the perch fest. Always a hard time trying to decide between perch and walleye.

http://perchfest.net/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by cjs (Dreadful date.[br][b...)
[Image: 14_3_9.gif]

I do not think I have to cook tonight. My hubby is taking the kids to his parents this afternoon for Palmer Days near their lake place. They will be gone most of the day leaving me free to clean the fridge out and clean up my canning equipment, do laundry, vacuum, etc.

But I do plan to make another quiche. This one will be wild rice, spinach and Swiss. Still trying perfect the custard part.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by luvnit ( [img]http://i349.ph...)
Are you & Ron doing the Karaoke????? And, what is a "Corn Hole Contest"????? eating corn on the cob? Sounds like a fun day!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by luvnit ( [img]http://i349.ph...)
I have two reasons to dread this day. One being the terror attack, but then one year after that was when the radiologist called to tell William he had found two tumors on his brain and that it had probably metastasized from cancer somewhere else in his body...OIY! Dreadful day indeed!

I am scrambling to figure out the dinners for next week, including tonight. I'll have to post later. I am PLANNING to make lasagna to take to YS for dinner tomorrow night and half to freeze. I need to get in gear!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have two reasons t...)
Wow - double whammy today, Daphne and William!!

I've changed my mind (I'm beginning to sound like Daphne and I don't even have work to blame... ) - I'm going to make an eggplant torta instead.

Also, my salmon was really good last night - made a mixture of balsamic, honey and chili powder to brush on before roasting. What a great flavor and how easy is that?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by cjs (Wow - double whammy ...)
Potato-Crust Ham and Swiss Quiche.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by BarbaraS (Potato-Crust Ham and...)
We get to sit in the "sky box" at the home football game tonight. I'm having whatever they're serving!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/11?? by HomeCulinarian (We get to sit in the...)
Jeanette, I'm either going to have to start disliking you or take over your life.
www.achefsjourney.com