Sunday Dinner - What's Up???
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm doing the Dinner Review menu - looking forward to it.

We had a weird dessert last night that was really tasty. Found 1/2 box of French Vanilla pudding mix (have no idea what the other 1/2 went into), cut a banana in quarters and stuck an ice cream stick in each quarter and put in little dixie cups. Made up the pudding, poured it over and stuck in the freezer. Oh my, what a tasty little treat that was.

I'm making Chocolate tapioca pudding later this week, so I think I'll try freezing up a couple of those with that pudding also. Yummy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I wonder if your other 1/2 of the French Vanilla pudding went into the Custard Rich Rolls?? Your dessert sounds like fun though. The kids would love to make their own pudding pops. I don't think they even make those anymore.

Tonight we are having quiche. I am making a quiche with spinach, red bell pepper, scallions, Canadian bacon, Swiss cheese and wild rice. I made two of them for taste testing because I have two different crusts for them. They are in the oven right now and smelling good. Hmmm... I wonder if they will last until dinner???

[Image: DSC03090.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by luvnit (I wonder if your oth...)
I'm thinking about grilled yogurt marinated alopepper chicken with some rice and a yet to be determined vegetable.

But then a friend of mine just sent me a recipe for cherry cola ribs that were out of this world she said. I'm in a state of flux now.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...aze-106812
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by Trixxee (I'm thinking about g...)
I can see what a bind you are in Trixxee, but whatever you choose, your dinner will be a winner! Hmmmm... that cherry cola ribs sound really good. My kids will love em'.
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by luvnit (I can see what a bin...)
The ribs do sound good!

I made lasagna to take to YS today, so that garlic bread, and a salad will be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by Gourmet_Mom (The ribs do sound go...)
I wish I had a piece of that quiche right now! I never thought to put rice in a quiche but I bet it's really good.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by Trixxee (I wish I had a piece...)
Wild rice is really good in quiche. I wish everyone could just taste these! Yes, I had to sample them.
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by Trixxee (I'm thinking about g...)
Trixxee, you're friend is right. That is my absolute favorite go to rib recipe. Everyone loves them. I don't think you'll be sorry.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by Dismc (Trixxee, you're frie...)
gotta come back and really study this thread...I think it's going to get me in trouble.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - What's Up??? by cjs (gotta come back and ...)
My son is visiting with his girlfriend and they are making dinner with young daughter. He's made a pork loin with a garlic fennel rub, then wrapped in a pork belly. Young daughter is making a plum dessert from Silver Spoon that involves meringue. Really looking forward to it!