Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend
  Re: (...)
Thought I would post these pix for anyone who might be sitting on the fence about buying a smoker and wants a nudge to get one on summer clearance. Photos are of Ron holding two pieces of pork shoulder, totaling almost 18 lbs. They were smoked with chunks of hickory for 12 hours. Did not use a brine, but did use a rub. There was very little meat left over after the party.

[Image: September20100032.jpg]

[Image: September2010004.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by Mare749 (Thought I would post...)
Well, I'm drooling and I just had breakfast!! Wonderful. Tell Ron to be sure your smoker is on the "take with us list" when we all get to Linda's retirement village......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by cjs (Well, I'm drooling a...)
Oh definately, Jean, he will have the granddaddy of all smokers by then!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by Mare749 (Thought I would post...)
Oh my isn't that just georgous! I can almost smell it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by luvnit (Oh my isn't that jus...)
OMG, boy, is that sexy!!

And I was talking about... Uh, nevermind...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by BarbaraS (OMG, boy, is that se...)
Yum! Nothing better than some good pulled pork!
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by karyn (Yum! Nothing better ...)
That is so beautiful! I'm drooling.

Our smoker wouldn't fit in the trailer and Bob thought it'd be "okie" to bungy cord it to the ladder on the back of the coach!! Thank heavens we have a grill and a little smoker waiting for us in CA.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by Harborwitch (That is so beautiful...)
Amazing! I need to start looking into getting a smoker!
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by HomeCulinarian (Amazing! I need to ...)
Those look great! That first picture looks as though Ron is trying to pass them to me threw the screen......he is such a tease! I have been craving pulled pork for a few weeks now, this just about did me in.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Photos of smoked pork from Labor Day weekend by chef_Tab (Those look great! Th...)
They look fabulous! Which sauces did you serve?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.