Monday's Dinner - 9/20???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Back to some healthy for us - Fish tacos with Sesame-Ginger Slaw.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hmmm, that sounds good. No idea what we're having just yet. Ron is on vacation for two weeks, so dinners will be on the fly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by Mare749 (Hmmm, that sounds go...)
Two weeks?? How fun - have a great time!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by cjs (Two weeks?? How fun ...)
I think I'm making chicken with an apple cider/mustard pan sauce and browned butter brown rice w/toasted pecans and then some spinach.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by Trixxee (I think I'm making c...)
My fridge is stuffed and I'm out of storage containers... so it's time for leftovers!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by HomeCulinarian (My fridge is stuffed...)
I have a green tomato from Kim's garden to fry up. Other than that I'm not sure. We've got to eat up some cabbage, tomatoes, and Asian pears. Maybe a slaw with the pears and cabbage with . . . .????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by Harborwitch (I have a green tomat...)
Well, I got side-tracked and made some pizzza dough and played with a Crab pizza...... (well, the fish isn't really thawed for the tacos, so.)

Jeanette, I'm in the same boat, just went down and checked the l/o shelf in the freezer, man, we can eat a while from there.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by cjs (Well, I got side-tra...)
OH! That dip! >>>>>>Smacks forhead<<<<<<< I forgot about that...LOL! Now all things are clear!

I'm testing a Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe. It's one I've worked on for years. I have a published recipe I work from, but I change so much of it, I don't think it will be a problem. I don't have hopes of this one being a possible pick, though, since there are so many out there and so many are the same. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by Gourmet_Mom (OH! That dip! >>>>...)
There may be a lot of them out there, but I always look when I see "Pasta Primavera" to see what twist is included - AND if Shrimp is included, you've got me.

Daphne, you may have to make a list of the recipes you're working with and tape it on the wall in front of you - that's the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow (most of the time. )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/20??? by cjs (There may be a lot o...)
I planned to (finally) make the chicken merango, but forgot to defrost the chicken so it is floating in water as I type. I am drinking a beer while checking in with email, facebook, and forum. If the chicken defrosts before the beer affects me, dinner is on. If not, leftover bulgogi.

as an aside, I made the spicy bloody marias from the latest issue last night for our friends and we all loved them! I might add more vodka next time, but boy were those yummy.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!