Monday's 11/8 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having baked stuffed Acorn squash with beef & black beans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
That sounds really good, jean.

We are having this. A tuscan chicken, beans and spinach recipe from CL. This time I will cut way down on the rosemary.
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0002012812
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by Trixxee (That sounds really g...)
My, doesn't that sound good - had to copy it, Trixxee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by cjs (My, doesn't that sou...)
Giving that new toolbar a workout, huh, Jean!

I'm having the Apricot Beef Stir-fry from the Cooking School Saturday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Giving that new tool...)
Oh my, is this one ever a keeper!!! Have no idea how long I've had it sitting waiting to be enjoyed!!! I just made one acorn squash, so will use the rest of the filling for something else. served with cole slaw. Yum.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Baked Stuffed Squash With Beef & Black Beans

2 medium acorn squash
1/2 pound ground beef -- chuck or round
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
1 can (15 ounces black beans -- drained and rinsed
1 can tomato sauce -- (8 ounces)
1 cup corn kernels (use canned -- drained or frozen, thawed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Dash pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 Dash garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
Shredded Cheddar cheese -- for topping

Line a 13x10-inch baking pan with foil; lightly grease the foil or spray with nonstick olive oil or cooking spray. Heat oven to 350°.

Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Spray cut sides with olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray and place, cut side down, on the foil. Add about 1/2 inch of water to the pan then cover with foil. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender.

Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; add bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese and set aside or refrigerate until it's time to stuff the squash.

Stuff squash and put back on the baking pan. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until hot. Add cheese and continue baking for a few minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Serves 4.

Description:
"This is a tasty stuffed squash with Tex-Mex flavors. Serve the stuffed squash with Spanish rice or your favorite mac 'n cheese. Aboutcooking.com"
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by cjs (Oh my, is this one e...)
sounds great Jean!

Dinner is somewhat comical here. I decided to clean out the freezer and found a mystery container. It is warming on the stove. I have a hunch it is gumbo, and that would be a great surprise! If it is in fact gumbo, there will be some rice on the side and undecided about a green vege at the moment. But I am enjoying my first beer after antibiotics!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by chef_Tab (sounds great Jean! [...)
Whoopee - a milestone for Theresa, she's back on the booze. Denise, where are the shooters????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by cjs (Whoopee - a mileston...)
HALLELUJAH! I don't know how much longer she could have held out!

Jean, I can't believe you didn't get to try this one before the book! Oh well! It sounds really good!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (HALLELUJAH! I don't...)
Sounds good, Jean. I received a few acorn squash from my sister's garden that I need to use.

Tonight, we'll have leftover cacciatore. Here is a picture of hubby making it on Saturday night. He overfilled the pot! [Image: 149397_10100268224722320_1940219_60832572_6954446_n.jpg]
  Re: Re: Monday's 11/8 Dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (Sounds good, Jean. ...)
That's a PILE of cacciatore! But I realize you were expecting 12 for dinner. YUM!

I've had a time tonight with dinner! All kinds of glitches! I'll post a review with all the frustrations later.
Daphne