New Holiday Menus Cookbook
  Re: (...)
Has anyone tried the Bacon 'n Egg Biscuits from this new Holiday book? I made them yesterday with the tomato jam and baked eggs. It was a trial run thinking I might add to a brunch menu. Wrong. The jam is execellent. The biscuits are just ok and the eggs were not good at all.

Going to try the Blueberry French Toast next. Will be really disappointed if it is not wonderful. Has anyone tried it?

I also made the Roasted Brussell Sprouts from the Dec issue CH and they were absolutely excellent.
  Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by jayneCA (Has anyone tried the...)
I don't have the new Holiday book, yet. Have been wondering about the recipes in it and is it worth it?

Too bad about the Bacon & Eggs biscuits, good thing you tried them ahead of time.

I've never used Gorgonzola with brussels sprouts - I think boursin is the only one I've ever used, but I do roast them almost everytime we have them - our favorite way.

Thanks for your reviews and nice to see you again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by cjs (I don't have the new...)
I don't have the new book yet either, so can't comment. What a shame you were disappointed with the bacon and egg biscuits.

Thanks for your reviews. We love roasted brussel sprouts but have never tried them with cheese.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by Mare749 (I don't have the new...)
I don't have the new book either. Thanks for the reviews.

I looked at that brussel sprouts recipe. William doesn't care for them, but I am hoping to tempt him with this recipe, since he LOVES blue cheese. Now I'll be more likely to try them. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (I don't have the new...)
I picked up the new Holiday book today while at Lowes! I want to make everything in it...well, except for the biscuits. Here's some highlights:

Baked Blueberry French Toast
Bacon Sausage Bites with Brown Sugar Glaze
Sweet Potato Waffles with Turkey Hash
Chocolate Truffle Loaf with Candied Almonds
Lacquered Prime Rib
Maple-Glazed Bacon Pork Roast
Butternut Squash Gratin with Pecan-Thyme Streusel
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
Black-Eyed Pea Chili Verde with Spicy Pork Meatballs
Porcini Mushroom Soup with Cognac and Cream
Portuguese Fisherman's Stew with Cod and Clams

I could go on and on!
Daphne
  Re: Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up the new ...)
So, does that make two new special books that have come out in the last couple of months??? this one and one other....shoot.

Sweet Potato Waffles with Turkey Hash
Black-Eyed Pea Chili Verde with Spicy Pork Meatballs
Portuguese Fisherman's Stew with Cod and Clams

I'd buy it for these three!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Holiday Menus Cookbook by cjs (So, does that make t...)
I know! William is excited about the waffle recipe! I'm not sure he'll wait for leftover turkey...LOL!

There was another new one recently? I'll have to go look.
Daphne