Pandora's Pantry
  Re: (...)
There was in hell a man called Olif, who went to satan with a plan to torment all souls waiting on earth. He created a dough so wonderful, tempting, and delicious, it would be irrestable!!! BUT, working with it would cause such anguish, pain, and frustration, suffering would follow--torment on earth--satan loved the idea, and named the dough Filo, an anagram of Olif's name. He then opened Pandora's Pantry.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Pandora's Pantry by Old Bay (There was in hell a ...)
Bill, have you been trying to work with Phyllo again? I thought you hated the stuff...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, have you been ...)
I'm guessing there will be more to this story...

Nice to see you Bill. Sorry this is OT, but did you see my post for Braised Beef with Barolo? What a meal!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by Mare749 (I'm guessing there w...)
Oh Bill, I feel your pain!!! Haven't worked with filo since I quit working (outside the home, as they say.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by cjs (Oh Bill, I feel your...)
We made a sun dried tomato pesto filo role for our Christmas parties--they turned out wonderful!!! Worth it now that's it's done!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by Old Bay (We made a sun dried ...)
I KNEW you were getting ready for your Christmas parties! That means LOTS of new party recipes! Goody Goody!

I wish we had the opportunity to do this. If I wasn't working, I'd have a party for all of Mom and our friends in Southport! Maybe I need to think about this...maybe not for this year, but.....
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by Gourmet_Mom (I KNEW you were gett...)
Bill you should still have my address ***** me a few of those, they sound wonderful!
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by DFen911 (Bill you should stil...)
For future reference, Bill. I assume you freeze these? And they thaw and serve as good as fresh?

Oh, and if you have any extras...don't send them ALL to Denise. You've got my address, also!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pandora's Pantry by Gourmet_Mom (For future reference...)
Bill, Bill, Bill... you can buy frozen phyllo dough and it's so easy to work with-- why are you torturing yourself?!?!?

Making spinach apps with frozen phyllo was one of my very first attempts at "fancy cooking" after I graduated from college and the results were quite surprisingly good.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com