Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans
  Re: (...)
I couldn't find the thread, but Jean showed a picture of the pans that Roy sawed in half for her. I couldn't find any of the pans locally, so ordered two online. Each makes 24 buns. I've never used them for buns, but have been making desserts in them. Last week I made pumpkin spice cakes, and pecan tarts (using puff pastry) in them, and they turned out great. If anyone has them, they are very versatile. Only thing is, they weigh a ton, even empty. Burnt one arm and hand quite badly. I'll let him lift them out of the oven next time.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans by Lorraine (I couldn't find the ...)
What a great idea!!! Maybe I ought to hang on to the 'other half' of the pans. Thanks Lorraine.

They are heavy buggers!!!

Curious, they aren't real deep so what are you able to make in them?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans by cjs (What a great idea!!!...)
Lorraine, where did you end up buying your pans?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans by foodfiend (Lorraine, where did ...)
I think I got them from biglots.com.

Jean, I've made several different cakes in them. For an individual dessert, they rise just enough for a great presentation. When I use the puff pastry, there is just enough of a lip to keep the filling, especially if it is a bit runny inside the mold. He's been trying to perfect a chocolate/fig/pecan tart. The strange thing is, the pans are commercial, and we cook in a commercial (Garland) oven. They only fit lenghtwise on the top and bottom shelves. I found that a real hassle, and very strange.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans by Lorraine (I think I got them f...)
Thanks Lorraine - good ideas. Gil might like to look at the fig layer in the Fig and goat cheese squares recipe - a little chocolate..... oh that's sounds very good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Jean's Hamburger Bun Pans by Lorraine (I couldn't find the ...)
I have been checking my local auction house for these whenever they have a restaurant that has gone out of business. Great ideas, I will keep these in mind. I like Jean's idea of cutting them in half. Not sure if my hubby has the equipment to do that, but I will cross that bridge when I get there!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura