OMG I want this book!!!
  Re: (...)
Ok so yes it's expensive and it won't be out till March of 2011 but I want it!

Ok so actually it's 6 books and if we pre-order now it's only $475...Jean get up off the floor no fainting.

Modernist Cuisine
  Re: OMG I want this book!!! by DFen911 (Ok so yes it's expen...)
Very comprehensive it seems, not that I'll have a set any time soon. But go for it, Denise! I hope you know Jean's gonna send you to your room tomorrow for tempting her with this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Very comprehensive i...)
Good thing I'm already there
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by DFen911 (Good thing I'm alrea...)
I might need this!!!

But, went to Borders tonight with my 50% off coupon for cookbooks and couldn't pull the trigger. Came home instead with 2 books from the novels table instead. $60+ on more cookbooks... do I really need more cookbooks??? Please tell me I do!!! Just looking for permission.
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by HomeCulinarian (I might need this!!!...)
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!

I want the cookie book, I want the stir fry book, ...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by HomeCulinarian (I might need this!!!...)
Quote:

I might need this!!!

But, went to Borders tonight with my 50% off coupon for cookbooks and couldn't pull the trigger. Came home instead with 2 books from the novels table instead. $60+ on more cookbooks... do I really need more cookbooks??? Please tell me I do!!! Just looking for permission.

I may have a partial solution for you if you buy a lot of books. Consider BOMC2. You agree to buy one book a month (your choice from all kinds, you make your own list in the order you want) for $9.99 includes shipping. Then you can buy additional books at that price in between or the brand new special ones are $12.00. I have the Gourmet Cookie Books as my next selection. They have NY times one, Ad Hoc at Home. the herb one from the other thread, Dorie's, the Food sub one, etc. each for $12.00 buy now (including shipping). It is the best deal I've seen. Similar Costco are usually $14.95 + tax. Since I read a lot of mysteries as well, it has been a huge money saver for me. Next on my list are the new Patricia Cornwall, the new Tom Clancy, the new Kathy Reichs and the new Janet Evanovich to name a few. The hardbacks are not much more than paperbacks this days.
When my kids were little and we went out, they always wanted something, usually candy, but they got smart pretty quick and started asking for books. They knew that I usually said no to the other and yes to a book. So, fwiw, go forth and multiply your cookbooks
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by Cubangirl ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have the dvd "Decoding Ferran Adria" hosted by Anthony Bourdain. Fantastic!!
Great to watch--I don't care to cook like that. I think the set of books we are talking about would be wonderful for the young professional--I'm not interested in reading and absorbing six volumes that could change my approach to cooking. But go for it and throw out a few tips that I might be able to use.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OMG I want this book!!! by Old Bay (I have the dvd "Deco...)
Oh wow, Denise what a set that would be to have!! If I were 20 years younger, I'd really be after it. I think you should buy it and I'll sit in the corner at your house and read them...

And, yes, Jeannette - you do need more cookbooks, dear.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com