Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages
  Re: (...)
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read - brought to us all by our friend, Bill!

Lunch with the girls through the ages

A group of 15-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Dairy Queen next to the Ocean View restaurant because they had only $6.00 among them and Jimmy Johnson, the cute boy in Social Studies, lived on that street.

10 years later, the group of 25-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the beer was cheap, the restaurant offered free snacks, the band was good, there was no cover and there were lots of cute guys.

10 years later, the group of 35-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the cosmos were good, it was right near the gym and, if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

10 years later, the group of 45-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the martinis were big and the waiters had tight pants and nice buns.

10 years later, the group of 55-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the prices were reasonable, the wine list was good, the restaurant had windows that opened (in case of a hot flashes), and fish is good for cholesterol.

10 years later, the group of 65-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the lighting was good and the restaurant had an early bird special.

10 years later, the group of 75-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the food was not too spicy and the restaurant was handicapped-accessible.

10 years later, the group of 85-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they had never been there before.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meet you all at Linda's - have we been there before?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by cjs (This is one of the f...)
Too funny!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by labradors (Too funny!...)
That's too funny! Love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by labradors (Too funny!...)
I love it! I am meeting some girlfriends for dinner next week. They will love this too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by cjs (This is one of the f...)
Who are you all and why am I here?????

Jean that is too funny. Just remember; soon we will be able to hide our own Easter eggs and make 'new' friends every day! Oh, lordy I hope not!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by Harborwitch (Who are you all and ...)
I'm sure I've already told this one about my mother, but a few years before she died, she said one time the only good thing about losing her memory was she could read books over and not remember them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by cjs (I'm sure I've alread...)
Glad everyone enjoyed it ---it works just as well for us , except we get there a little sooner--men don't have to ask for directions to get to that place in life--it has its own GPS, but who can remember!!
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by Old Bay (Glad everyone enjoye...)
Unless you're a surveyor....LOL! I will never be able to give directions correctly. HE thinks he IS a GPS sometimes. When things don't work out, it's suddenly MY fault!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by Gourmet_Mom (Unless you're a surv...)
That is really cute! I'm having lunch with 3 girlfriends tomorrow, so I'm taking that with me! It's especially funny to me because with these three ladies, we always meet at the same place because of the driving distance between us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lunch with the Girls Thru the Ages by Mare749 (That is really cute!...)
Love it. I will pass it on to my book group. We have been together for over 35 years now. They will love it.
We had a big celebrations every 5 years or so. After our last big one to celebrate our 25th year, we said we'd come back in 10 years. Sadly, it is not to be, our celebration was in June 2001 at the Top of the World restaurant at the World Trade Center.