Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to
  Re: (...)
This was from issue No. 69. and we had it last night and loved it. It was too cold to grill, so I the veggies and pan seared the steak. The only thing I felt it needed was MORE mole flavor. I think I would use Jean's Mole Sauce as an added condiment for the meat. All the flavors worked really well together. This is my new Fajita recipe!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by luvnit (This was from issue ...)
Going to have to give this a go. Love mole!
  Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by luvnit (This was from issue ...)
I haven't made fajitas for so long - will have to wait till we're home now, tho, no magazines with me. (but, I'm going to add this to my list) Thanks Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by cjs (I haven't made fajit...)
No magazines here either
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Quote:

This was from issue No. 69. and we had it last night and loved it. It was too cold to grill, so I the veggies and pan seared the steak. The only thing I felt it needed was MORE mole flavor. I think I would use Jean's Mole Sauce as an added condiment for the meat. All the flavors worked really well together. This is my new Fajita recipe!

Oops I missed a word. It should read, "I roasted the veggies..."
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Here you go, Jean and Sharon. Sounds yummy.

Mole-rubbed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile tomato sauce
From Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 69
Makes 16 fajitas, 1 3/4 cups sauce

1 T. oil
2 dried pasilla chiles, stems and seeds removed
2 cups tomatoes, quartered
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
1 t. fresh lime juice
salt to taste

Preheat oven to 500 F. Soak pasilla chiles in boiling water until soft, 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the
water and set aside. Toss tomatoes, onion, and garlic with oil and roast until tender and starting to brown,
25 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a blender along with the softened chiles, chipotle, lime juice and salt.
Puree until smooth, adding reserved chile water to thin as needed. Preheat grill to high.

2 T. brown sugar
2 t. each cocoa powder, paprika, and kosher salt
1 t. each ground cumin, garlic powder and black pepper
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 lb. skirt steak, trimmed

Mix sugar, cocoa, and spices, then rub over both sides of steak. Grill 3 minutes per side, remove from
grill, and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into thin strips.

To assemble, place steak strips inside tortillas with chile sauce, grilled vegetables and guacamole.

Grilled guacamole (page 10)
4 firm, yet ripe avocados, halved, pitted, brush with oil
3 t. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 T. jalapeno, seeded, minced
2 t. garlic, minced
salt to taste

Preheat grill to medium.
Grill avocados, cut side down, until marks appear, about 2 minutes. Peel and coursely chop, then
mash with lime juice until creamy using a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by Mare749 (Here you go, Jean an...)
Thanks Maryann!! I think I stuck some flank steak in the freezer.....somewhere!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by cjs (Thanks Maryann!! I t...)
I think I'm going to go buy some. This recipe sounded better and better as I was typing it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by Mare749 (I think I'm going to...)
For some reason, I want to say I made this.

Yep! I thought so! So did you Jean! Mole-Rubbed Skirt Steak REVIEW
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mole-rubbeed Skirt Steak Fajitas with red chile to by Gourmet_Mom (For some reason, I w...)
Darn it, Daphne!! I'm so tired of being forgetful. Now, did I like it?

hmmm, guess I was underwhelmed.
www.achefsjourney.com