What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Well, since we're only staying one night here in San Antonio, we didn't unhook, so didn't go looking for good food last night, but...we met the neatest truck driver about one hour west of San Antonio who is from San Antonio and is Mexican, so I quizzed him. I now have names of three of his favorites for our way thru here after Christmas.

We shall have arrived at the Miller's late this afternoon, showing up on the doorstep one day early to have trailer problems taken care of when we hit Navasota. So, for the next few days, we are going to be wined (or martinied) and dined in fine Texas style....oh my so looking forward!!!

I will have my camera and notebook with me at all times!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Dinner!!? Surprise, surprise!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by Old Bay (Dinner!!? Surprise,...)
Jean and Bill, it sounds like you all will have so much fun!

No plans for tonight-- just found out that we will be heading to my parents' tomorrow, a day earlier that I had thought (an early gift from DH!), but first I have to pay for it-- dinner with MIL at the retirement home. I just hope that the Christmas spirit has hit her, at least for a few hours late this afternoon.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by foodfiend (Jean and Bill, it so...)
Fingers crossed for you, Vicci - safe trip. Oh Bill, you've got me really curious - may not eat all day....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by cjs (Fingers crossed for ...)
Well, ONE of you better come on and tell us what you guys had!

I picked up salmon for Bill's Grapefruit Beurre Blanc dish and ribs for Lab's Hoisin Sesame Ribs, so now to decide.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, ONE of you bet...)
I think I've settled on a recipe I just found on Epicurious - Chicken with a cranberry & mustard sauce. I'll make some good old Uncle Ben's converted rice and steamed carrots. At least I have everything on hand and don't have to run to the store with a very handsome 11 year old who just "wants to relax" at home.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 12/22?? by Trixxee (I think I've settled...)
I made chicken pot pies last night so having them again tonight