Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce
  Re: (...)
I picked this packet of a curry mix at Sprouts to try out and it is delicious. Very hot, but it's so tasty you can't not just keep eating it!! Here's the info on it for anyone wanting to try it - probably 10 minutes to the table!

Sukhi's Gourmet Indian Foods
Home Chef Collection
Vindaloo Curry Sauce
Medium Spicy (a little hotter than medium, I'd say)

Oh, and it's gluten free.

I chopped up some mushrooms, bell pepper, and sliced a half a zucchini and just dropped them in the sauce as it was cooking. Heating the rice took longer than making the rest.
I also had a few l/o shrimp and piece of steak I added to the rice, so our was vegetarian and carnivour mix.

Just found this and boy, am I going to be ordering soon!
http://www.sukhis.com/market/index.php

Also, forgot to mention I also picked up her Mango chutney to go with and it was great also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce by cjs (I picked this packet...)
Hmmmmm. Vindaloo. Love it!

Don't forget THIS recipe, should you ever be interested in making it from scratch, without a pre-mixed powder. Not at all difficult, and absolutely delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce by labradors (Hmmmmm. Vindaloo. ...)
I do like the sound of that recipe - and I do have lots of Indian recipes at home. But, this is just perfect for traveling - I don't have to have so darn many spices for each ethnic dish I want to make.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce by cjs (I do like the sound ...)
Labs, I didn't see the vindaloo recipe which you posted that first time. Thanks so much for sharing it.

I will have to get the fenugreek seeds, though. Did you ever find them?

Also, would brown mustard seeds be an adequate sub for the black?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce by foodfiend (Labs, I didn't see t...)
Yes. No problem, at all, and I went on to use them in other curries. In fact, it's about time I make some curries again (of course, for me, that could be almost ANY time).

The brown mustard seeds would be fine. I usually find myself have to substitute the other way, since the black mustard seeds are the only ones available here.

That vindaloo was excellent and, for me, the fenugreek is what really makes it. If you can't find it, at first, keep looking. It may be in an area for herbal teas, rather than with the other spices. Of course, if you can find an Indian spice store near you, you shouldn't have any trouble. That's how I got it the first time, in Orlando.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sukhi's Vindaloo Curry Sauce by labradors (Yes. No problem, at...)
Thanks, Labs.

Funny how I think of curry as a "cold weather dish"... And here you are, making it in Honduras and curry originated (I think) in India!

I know exactly where to get fenugreek seeds, and am hoping if it doesn't snow a lot in the next week or so I'll be able to get there.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com