What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1?
  Re: (...)
It's February already!!!!

What's on the menu for tonight?

We're going to have the Taco Rice Sharon posted a while back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by cjs (It's February alread...)
I think we're going to grill something. Not sure what - but the sun is shining!!! Yea!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by Harborwitch (I think we're going ...)
He bought two center cut beef sahnks, nice and thick. I coated them in seasoned cassava flour, browned them, added beef stock and red wine, lots of root veggies. It will be done by the time I get home from helping at Tuesday's Table. The kitchen is smelling great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by Lorraine (He bought two center...)
We're in the middle of a blizzard! I have some pork chops ready to make for tonight. It's a recipe from CAH Lite, I think, with apples and mashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by HomeCulinarian (We're in the middle ...)
Taco Rice Review -

Thank you so much for posting this link for Taco Rice, Sharon - what a delicious dinner this was. I had some leftover Mexican rice and white rice, so that's what I used. But, next time it will be with brown rice and even better, I'll bet.

I topped mine with the old family favorite taco topping - lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives & onion. Plust the rice and 'doctored' ground beef.

Taco rice
[Image: CIMG0351.jpg]

Taco Rice
From “In the Wabe” Blog - http://inthewabe.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/taco-rice/

1 lbs. ground beef
3 c cooked rice (1 c raw)
taco seasoning of your choice ( 2 T. Southwest Seasoning or taco seasoning)
lettuce, chopped
tomato, chopped
cheddar cheese, grated

Prepare rice. Brown ground beef and seasoning according to package or recipe directions.
Make a mount of rice on a plate and top with ground beef. Layer on chopped lettuce, grated cheddar cheese, and diced tomato. Pick up a spoon and enjoy!

I used my Southwest Seasoning – from ‘the Pantry’ of B.B. & Corn book
Southwest Seasoning

Anytime a recipe calls for ‘Taco seasoning,’ this substitute works great, plus it’s healthier ~ you know exactly what is in it!

2 T. chili powder
2 T. paprika
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 T. salt
1 T. dried oregano
2 tsps. ground cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Combine all the seasoning ingredients and store in an air tight jar. Use the seasoning mixture on chicken, pork or salmon. Store in a plastic baggie in refrigerator or freezer.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

CJ’s tip: try the seasoning on a baked potato, or sprinkle over freshly cooked pasta tossed with olive oil and lemon juice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by cjs (Taco Rice Review -[b...)
I usually double or triple the Taco Seasoning and keep it in a labeled box. That way it's ready to go when I need it. It's very good!

The Taco Rice looks really good, Jean! I may have to put this on the menu soon!

I THINK I've got all the ingredients for the Plum Chicken recipe, so that's what's on for tonight. I'll add Basamati Rice and stir-fried veggies for a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by Gourmet_Mom (I usually double or ...)
I mentioned my dinner - and day in my Birthday thread. But I'll mention dinner here again. Grilled steak and roasted asparagus. Yum and easy after a late gymnastics night.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by HomeCulinarian (We're in the middle ...)
We're getting your blizzard tomorrow, Jeannette. I thank you for this We had a warm up storm today, about 6 inches. 20 inches coming tomorrow.

I sauteed some dry scallops and shrimp, with a wine sauce, whole wheat angel hair and steamed summer squash. I can't wait for summer veggies again.

Is this the winter that will never end? A major storm every few days. I just went out and measured. 3.5 feet on the ground already and 20 inches to come. Would you please keep your storms to yourselves? My sister is in Wisconsin. She had 8" of lake flakes today, a blizzard coming soon to her, as well.

I'm going out to shovel the grill off AGAIN.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by pjcooks (We're getting your b...)
"I'm going out to shovel the grill off AGAIN." be careful you both don't fall in the pool again....

I probably shouldn't say this, but today was the first time we sat out in the courtyard with our books in SUNSHINE!! First time since last fall. I'm with you, PJ, ready for this to end.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Diinner, Tuesday, Feb. 1? by cjs ("I'm going out to sh...)
Quote:

"I'm going out to shovel the grill off AGAIN." be careful you both don't fall in the pool again....

I probably shouldn't say this, but today was the first time we sat out in the courtyard with our books in SUNSHINE!! First time since last fall. I'm with you, PJ, ready for this to end.

Ah, you remembered that little incident

Sitting in the sun, what's that like, again?
PJ