Karyn, could you post your recipe for Greek Salad?
  Re: (...)
I've seen several, but haven't made one for a while. The last time I did, it was a huge hit with the family. Wouldn't you know, I don't know what I did with the recipe or where I got it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Karyn, could you post your recipe for Greek Salad? by Mare749 (I've seen several, b...)
There are two we really enjoy. For the kebabs with a side dish salad I like this recipe.. I usually make a tzatiki as a sauce.

We usually serve it with homemade pita bread which is really fun to make. The pita hold up well for wrap sandwiches the next day.

If you're looking for a main dish, we love this:

Greek Salad

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
3 Tbs yogurt, skim milk
1 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Tbs red wine vinegar
6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded,
-- and sliced thin
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 romaine hearts, torn into bite-sized
-- pieces (about 8 cups)
1 roasted chicken, shredded

1. Process 1/4 cup feta, yogurt, oregano, garlic, vinegar, and oil in
blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Combine dressing and onion in large
bowl and let sit 20 minutes.
2. Add remaining feta, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, chicken, bell pepper and romaine to bowl with dressing mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
  Re: Re: Karyn, could you post your recipe for Greek Salad? by karyn (There are two we rea...)
Karyn, you're an angel! I haven't checked the links, but the salad has me drooling! I LOVE Feta! This is dinner tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Karyn, could you post your recipe for Greek Salad? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, you're an ang...)
Oh my, you had me at Greek!! Love the flavors - how did I miss these? Thanks for bringing it up, Maryan and thanks for posting, Karyn!!! copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Karyn, could you post your recipe for Greek Salad? by cjs (Oh my, you had me at...)
Oh my, the recipe sounds wonderful! This is definately going to be on the menu for Thursday or Friday. I didn't get a chance to look at the links yet, but will go there now. Thank you, Karyn!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."