Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing?
  Re: (...)
Ever since going to New Orleans some years back, we have planned a Fat Tuesday party with my daughter Heather and her husband, James, who went with us on vacation that year.
We get out our hats, beads, masks, and whatever else we can find to add to the festivities. The kids think it's a blast.

We make 2 big muffalettas, pasta salad with lots of veggies, and of course, hurricanes! It's a fun family night tradition. We're hoping that Holly and family will be able to stop in to eat at some point. (They have after school activities.) We finish the evening with cards and/or boardgames.

So, does anyone else have plans?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by Mare749 (Ever since going to ...)
Well, I put the leftover Maque Choux in corn chowder - does that count???

I've never done anything - I hope you'll bring this up next year earlier and I'd love to plan something for us also, Maryann. That would be fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by cjs (Well, I put the left...)
Quote:

Well, I put the leftover Maque Choux in corn chowder - does that count???

Maybe you could melt some Cheddar into that and have "Maque and Cheese."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs -
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by Harborwitch (Labs - [img]/ubbthr...)
We haven't done anything for about 10 years now. That was the last time I made jambalaya and also the last time I think I suffered a gallbladder attack! I'm afraid of Mardi Gras. LOL
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by Trixxee (We haven't done anyt...)
Voodoo, Trixee?????

My celebration of Fat Tuesday - is just another page in "I'm fat everyday". LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by Harborwitch (Voodoo, Trixee????? ...)
pffft to you, labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
What a fun evening, Maryann! I've never done anything either.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by Mare749 (Ever since going to ...)
We don't do anything either, but I did have a fleeting thought that we should do something about a month ago. Even googled it, because I couldn't remember when it was other than I knew it was the day before lent begins.

Maybe I'll make jambalaya tomorrow in the crock pot.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Fat Tuesday.....what is everyone doing? by esgunn (We don't do anything...)
Of course, let's not forget the paczki! (for some odd reason, this is pronounced "poochky") Heather always buys them from a bakery, but some people like to make them. They are basically a big fat fruit or custard filled donut that is so popular people place orders for them ahead of time and wait in line to pick them up!

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20...dyssey=nav|head
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."