ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book
  Re: (...)
I'm sorry to have to post this, but for those who have the Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! book, on page 112 of the Specialty Pizzas, Beer & Rye Pizza Dough recipe, the amount of salt should be 1 tsp. NOT 1 T.

Got by all of us....again, I so apologize and I hope no one made this and was completely turned off!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by cjs (I'm sorry to have to...)
OIY! How did we miss that? A tablespoon...really? I can't believe I overlooked that. Sorry!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by Gourmet_Mom (OIY! How did we mis...)
we all did, Daphne!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by cjs (we all did, Daphne! ...)
Yikes! Sorry, I missed it too! Well, at least we can say that it's all a matter of taste when it comes to salt. I have seen bread recipes with the same amount of flour that have had anywhere from 1 tsp. to 1 T. of salt in the recipe.

I think that most people who make their own pizza dough would probably realize that was a bit much and maybe cut it down on their own. If not, they would the next time they make it. It happens all the time, so I always use my own judgement when it comes to salt.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by cjs (I'm sorry to have to...)
I think we made it, and liked it. I'll remember for next time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by cjs (we all did, Daphne! ...)
Quote:

we all did, Daphne!

Sorry Jean. But I must say I don't think it would ruin that much dough. I add salt to my V8. Only the salt police would notice--still sorry we missed it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, and screw the salt police.... thanks everyone. For an error, it really isn't such a bad one, I guess. We lucked out.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book by cjs (Well, and screw the ...)
Good for you Jean!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".