AWOL
  Re: (...)
Sorry I've been scarce--We got home from our cruise in February. My home had been burglarized and I had a call saying my best friend was dieing and wanted to see me--He died as I was boarding the plane in Houston--I stayed with the family for a week and gave a eulogy--this was in Louisville--since I got home we've been working on on the claim--we are so weary. Things are getting better and I (always optomistic Bill) believe things will be normal again. We had scheduled a trip to SC for Jane to see friends and me to come to Charleston for a week after--we met Daphne and William--such a high point!!! Now we are resting and I will begin my regular obnoxious posts again--no pity please, this is just an explanation.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: AWOL by Old Bay (Sorry I've been scar...)
Spiritual Treasure This daily devotional is from yesterday. Made me think of Bill & Jane when I read it. Happy to hear life is returning to 'normal'.
  Re: AWOL by Old Bay (Sorry I've been scar...)
Bill, I am so sorry you didn't get to see him. At least you got to spend time with the family. Talk about optimistic...I would have never guessed you had such a great loss when we saw you guys.

I'm glad you guys are getting back to normal. I look forward to all those obnoxious posts...LOL! Like you could EVER be obnoxious.

WOW! Jeannette, we must have been posting at the same time. What a great story!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: AWOL by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I am so sorry ...)
Wow, kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? That's nice, Jeannette.

We have missed you around here, Bill - glad you'll be joining in again from your (as Jane calls it) 'perch' that's how I'll always picture you now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: AWOL by cjs (Wow, kind of puts th...)
Take the time you need Bill, while you are missed here greatly, you need to regenerate. I can't imaging what you and Jane have gone thru, but the past is the past and hopefully the claim will get completed smoothly and you can again focus on the future...like coming out west
  Re: Re: AWOL by cjs (Wow, kind of puts th...)
Glad to hear you are home and working on restoring order to your household. We really have missed you, Bill. Glad to hear you are going to have some time to spend with us again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: AWOL by HomeCulinarian ( [url=http://www.upp...)
Quote:

Spiritual Treasure This daily devotional is from yesterday. Made me think of Bill & Jane when I read it. Happy to hear life is returning to 'normal'.

Thanks Jeanette--the only real regret for "things" is my Mothers jewelry--all we have left is what we already gave her grandaughter Holly--beautiful sapphire ring she always admired. We are insured. Thanks for the inspiration and compassion. It's the invasion that Pi'''ds me off. We knew my friend was going--just happend faster than thought--Hospice (great organization) was with him. RIP.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: AWOL by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Hadn't seen this - I like it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com