A Bookreader's Blog
  Re: (...)
My school friend, author Marilee (Putnam) Brothers has started a blog for any of us who love to read!! And, she is starting out with a contest, so you might want to check it out.

http://wwwbookblather.blogspot.com/

I think this will be interesting!!! sign up now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Bookreader's Blog by cjs (My school friend, au...)
Is she really related to the Putnams....as in the publishing company?

I've got to figure out how join....it'll have to be Saturday. (I hate to start another Yahoo account, when I think I already have one, I think.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by Gourmet_Mom (Is she really relate...)
Have no idea about the Putnams, she grew up with me in Yakima, WA. probably not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by cjs (Have no idea about t...)
They must be her publisher? See your original post. My confusion will then make sense.
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by Gourmet_Mom (They must be her pub...)
I submitted my answer Fun site and I love the fact that it gives me ideas of what to read.
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by DFen911 (I submitted my answe...)
Putnam was her maiden name, Daphne. Now, I'm confused.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by cjs (Putnam was her maide...)
I didn't know if she was part of the family...Putnam Publishing.
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by Gourmet_Mom (I didn't know if she...)
I just finished reading what she calls her favorite book, The Rock & Roll Queen of Bedlam - she is now working on a series of books for young adults, but she said she'd love to continue with the characters in this book. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like(d) her book, characters and plot. She threw in some twists that I would never have thought of and definitely does not write a 'formula' book.

The third old friend from school is Durella, who is the mgr. of the wine dept. of Yakima's Costco. We laugh that Marilee writes, Jean cooks and Durella drinks.

I'm rambling, but I'm so proud of Marilee - I had put off reading the book, 'cause I so did not want to not like it and then what would I say!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by cjs (I just finished read...)
This is great, Jean. Thanks for posting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Bookreader's Blog by Mare749 (This is great, Jean....)
Just wanted to let everyone know - if anyone is interested.... Marilee's "Book Blather" blog has a new address. Evidently the old one was confusing.

http://bookblatherblog.blogspot.com.
www.achefsjourney.com