Need Some Prayers Sent West
  Re: (...)
My cooking buddy, Houseboat Don, just called us - from the hospital! He was taken to the hospital yesterday, congestive heart failure. I am so unknowledgeable about anything like this, he said they 'drained' (would that be right?) 4 liters of liquid? in 4 hours from him. that scares the bejesus out of me and I don't even know what he was talking about.

Anyway, I'm so worried for him, we need all your good wishes and prayers for him. We just can't lose another close buddy so soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by cjs (My cooking buddy, Ho...)
Jean, I will keep Hoseboat Don in my prayers.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by esgunn (Jean, I will keep ...)
Prayers on the way.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by labradors (Prayers on the way....)
Consider them sent! Please keep us updated.
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by karyn (Consider them sent! ...)
You can count on it, Jean! Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I'm so sorry about HD as I know he is a dear friend. It may be a good sign that he was able to call you though, and maybe the worst is over now and they can keep him stable with meds. I knew a lady who lived for many years with that condition and did just fine with the right treatment. Take care and try not to worry too much.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by Mare749 (You can count on it,...)
Yes Jean, "drain" is the proper term. What they did is drain excess blood that had accumulated in sacs around the heart.

My Mom has had the same procedure. She now has a pacemaker and is on Coumidin. So far, so good, but it is a progressive disease.

My prayers are with you and your friend.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by BarbaraS (Yes Jean, "drain" is...)
Thanks Barbara, I had no idea. And thank you all - I feel you all know him as I talk about him so much!! I'm calling himm tomorrow and see if he sounds like himself yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by cjs (Thanks Barbara, I ha...)
I echo Maryann that it's a good sign that Don was able to call you. Healing thoughts heading his way.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by cjs (Thanks Barbara, I ha...)
Jean you can count on prayers from us! I know how close the 3 of you are and hard this must be from a distance! If we can do anything please holler.

For more information: Congestive Heart Failure Info
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Need Some Prayers Sent West by Harborwitch (Jean you can count o...)
Consider it done, Jean. I know this is difficult for you guys.

But I can add a positive note to this. My grandmother had a Rhuematic (?)Heart from having some disease in childhood....Scarlet Fever or something? ANYWAY, she lived with this for MANY years and died peacefully at 95. She was very familiar with the signs/symptoms and got to the doctor in time to adjust meds or go into the hospital for drainage. Hopefully, HD will live a long a full life. Now that he knows what to expect and what to look for, he's one step ahead.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.