Highlights from the "galley"
  Re: (...)
It's been kinda crazy since we've been here but I've tried to come up with wonderful stuff now and then, and remember to take a picture of it.

So the culinary highlights:

Asparagus soup with white truffle oil- our first weekend here.
[Image: DSCN5862.jpg]

Cocoa chili rubbed Venison Tenderloin with Maple sweet potatoes and Dark Chocolate Balsamic
[Image: DSCN5878.jpg]

Today's fun project - courtesy of Chef Dave Nelson's wonderful recipe. Beet Raviolis. OMG!!!
[Image: DSCN5883.jpg]

I forgot to take pictures of the pizzas from the truffled pizza dough (Bless you Jean!) trifecta. But, after giving my boss a slice of the Italian Pepperoni, the Peruvian Blue Potatoe & Brie, and the Mushroom & Truffle pizzas he asked me to do him a big favor "Please never make me pizza like that again!" I asked which one and he just laughed.

I was smart - gave samples to the kitchen manager! As soon as they get enough staffing I'll be in the kitchen with her 3 days a week (4 hours a day)and I'm pretty sure that there'll be some creative time too. Wheeeeee. Now if we can just get some more work campers up here!

Sorry to ramble on and blow my horn. I've just been having too much fun.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Harborwitch (It's been kinda craz...)
Blow away, Sharon - the dishes look and sound great!! You'll shape that place up in no time with some good food offerings!! Have fun
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by cjs (Blow away, Sharon - ...)
Thanks Jean. You've been an incredible influence on me - and everyone here has helped me make this move. {{{{Hugs}}} to all!
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Harborwitch (Thanks Jean. You've...)
WOW, Sharon! Everything looks and sounds wonderful! Isn't that Truffle pizza good?!?!?!? I already need to order more oil, LOL! GREAT idea on sharing with the kitchen manager and staff. I am so excited for you!

And be sure to ramble all you want. That's one of the fun things about this site!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Harborwitch (It's been kinda craz...)
Wow! Incredible! Amazing! You remind me of me! JK, you remind me of Jean!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by luvnit (Wow! Incredible! Ama...)
Just drooled over all 3 dishes! Show em how it's done girl!!!
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by DFen911 (Just drooled over al...)
Beautifully done, Sharon! Thanks for sharing your pics! Sounds like your "home" is working out really well. Looking forward to hearing more.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Gourmet_Mom (WOW, Sharon! Everyt...)
That truffle pizza is the absolute bomb Daphne.

I'm having fun playing with the Dark Chocolate Balsamic. I'm thinking it's about time for my roasted strawberry salad.

The beets were so wonderful! I'm going to keep those high on the list.

My brain just jogged - It might be time for caviar pie. Hmmmm.

I'm hoping that we can play with some fun ideas in the restaurant. They really need to build up their customer base. People come, play golf, and leave. That's gotta be changed - and the same ol' menu just isn't doing it. The local farmers come in for lunch (burgers and fries) and that's about it.
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Harborwitch (That truffle pizza i...)
I'm thinking they just hired up the perfect gal for the job!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Highlights from the "galley" by Gourmet_Mom (I'm thinking they ju...)
Thank you! Now if we can just get some more work campers here so that Chad doesn't need me in the pro shop!