What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30??
  Re: (...)
My goodnes now April has almost passed - time is flying, that's for sure. What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're supposed to have sunshine today and tomorrow - wow, 2 days in a row - so, I'm doing a grilled steak and CarbLovers has a recipe for a warm German salad I'm going to give a try.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30?? by cjs (My goodnes now April...)
Jean, this is funny. Second day in a row we're having the same thing. (almost) I got a couple of nice strip steaks for the grill and we'll have a romaine salad with lots of goodies on top.

Also getting ready for another party. Our little Katie is making her first communion tomorrow, with a party to follow. I'm making "Roasted Red Bliss Potato Salad" for 20 people and hoping that 6 lbs. will be enough.

Seems strange, not many posts these past few days. Where is everyone?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30?? by Mare749 (Jean, this is funny....)
How dare they get lives and leave us out! It has been so quiet the last few days. I know the last weeks of working on a book is so intense for me. I pop in every so often to check that no crazies are around and then spend 20 minutes trying to remember where I was before I interrupted myself.

Have fun tomorrow - do you say 'congratulations' to someone having first communion?? If so, congratulations, Katie!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30?? by cjs (How dare they get li...)
Hours change again - 4-8 Sat. & Sun. and next week it will be 3:30 to 8 on Friday too. We're supposed to get some work campers in here in May! I want the same days off as Bob.

Hopefully it will be a great day - beautiful sunshine!

Anyhow - dinner will be late again tonight. I think some chili prawns and a spinach salad with a sesame ginger dressing. Yum. It'll be easy and quick!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30?? by Harborwitch (Hours change again -...)
No way in hell could I work and eat those hours!!! I'd be up all night with heatburn.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/30?? by cjs (No way in hell could...)
I know - weird! But we usually eat late, but have been trying to eat earlier.

When I get in the kitchen it will be mornings Mon, Tues, Wed. That way Bob and I will have the same days off. Now we have Thursday. Sucks.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!