What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on everyone's menu for today?

I think it will be CarbLovers for us today with the rest of the Margarita Sorbet thrown in. Yum.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by cjs (So, what's on everyo...)
Since I have yet to make the review dinner, that's what's for dinner tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I have yet to ...)
Angus Strip Steaks with demi glace brown sauce, tater for him, rice pilaf for me.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by BarbaraS (Angus Strip Steaks w...)
I'm not sure. We're going to the Farmers' market this AM, and then off to run some errands and go to the store. If it looks fresh it's probably on the menu.

I do that there will be a Rhubarb Margarita later (aka Spring Flip Margarita). Sounds good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure. We're...)
The trip to the Farmers' Market this morning was great. We got a bunch of striped beets & a bunch of multi colored beets - more of Dave Nelson's beet ravioli are in our future. I just think the colors and the stripes will be beautiful! We also got some rhubarb and aspargus.

A stop at the hardware store scored us a bottle of sasparilla. A stop at Safeway cinched the weekend menu!

Tonight is veal Milanese, eggplant parm, and a salad. Bob grabbed a garlic cheddar loaf at the F.M. so there's dinner tonight!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by Harborwitch (The trip to the Farm...)
Love sarsaparilla; birch beer, too! Wish we could get those here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 5/7?? by labradors (Love sarsaparilla; b...)
I just didn't have it in me. We ordered Chinese. HUGE mistake! It was the worst I've ever had. The fried chicken wings were good, but the rice was dry and flavorless. William's General Tso's Chicken wasn't good either. The crab rangoons were tough with very little filling. Even the fortune cookies were stale. REALLY?!?!?!? I won't make that mistake again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.