Ahi Tuna Hurray!!!
  Re: (...)
We were very excited to find frozen Ahi Tuna steaks in our regular supermarket, Aldi's. They haven't had them for quite some time and today there they were!!!
If you haven't already tried it, you must try the grilled tuna steak with wasabi butter, orange salad and rice cakes in Issue 51.
That's what we're planning for dinner tomorrow
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by farnfam (We were very excited...)
YAY!!! I'm craving some tuna, and that sounds so good. Enjoy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by Harborwitch (YAY!!! I'm craving ...)
We just had Yellow fin Ahi tuna and we loved it too!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by cjs (We just had Yellow f...)
Have you ever tried that one in Issue 51, really good and not fussy either. Really looking forward to it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by farnfam (Have you ever tried ...)
Thanks for the reminder, Cis! That's a challenge I didn't meet last summer.....ahi tuna done MR. I KNOW I don't care for it medium. I'm hoping I'll like it better MR like a steak.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the remin...)
No, Cis, I have not tried the one from Issue #51, but just looked at it and it looks like a good one. Will have try it next time we have tuna.

We like ours rare with a really good sear.

If you have a bag of the tuna pieces, you might think about trying the poke on polenta that I made a couple weeks ago, really good, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by cjs (No, Cis, I have not ...)
Remind me what that was again, Jean?

Btw, the Ginger Spiced Tuna was just lovely, the rice cakes came out the best yet, must be I'm getting the hang of it. The orange cuke salad was soo good, we were in town this morning and I scored some fresh bean sprouts from the Asian market. All together a perfect meal for a nice romantic Saturday
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by farnfam (Remind me what that ...)
The flavors are really nice in this appie.

[Image: PokeonPolenta.jpg]

Tuna Poke – A takeoff of a Roy Yamaguchi dish.

Make a batch of polenta and chill – you’ll want about 1/2” -3/4” thick – cut in 2 – 3 bit size. Sauté pieces in 2 T. hot vegetable oil over med-high heat until crispy on both sides. Allow to cool on a paper towel.

Mix together:
1/2 lb. ahi tuna, finely diced
1 med. tomato, seeded and chopped
Tartar Sauce
2 T. fresh basil

Gently combine the tuna & tomato and allow to chill for at least one hour. Remove 1/2 hour before serving.
With an off-set spatula, spread tartar sauce on each polenta piece. Top with a spoonful of the tuna poke. Garnish with basil.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ahi Tuna Hurray!!! by cjs (The flavors are real...)
Oh that does look good
Cis
Empress for Life