What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9??
  Re: (...)
What is on the menu for everyone tonight??

I can't believe it, but I have one freezer with one empty shelf and the other shelves are manageable. On to the next one and I ought to be able to defrost next week!!!! Yippee and again, I will vow not to do what I'm just overcoming - stuffing everything in the freezer - we will eat 'most' leftovers until they are gone!

Found some beautiful banana (?) peppers in the freezer and have lots of sausage also, so I'm making a version of C@H's Jambalaya stuffed bell peppers from issue #43 (Feb. '04). I wrote on the page that it was a review dinner, but don't remember them, except we did like them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by cjs (What is on the menu ...)
Sounds delish, Jean. Since I have a couple of avocados that are ready, I'm making blackened chicken quesadillas (from one of th C@H books), guacamole and pinto beans.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by Trixxee (Sounds delish, Jean....)
i think BLT's. Have not had those in a looooong time
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by piano226 (i think BLT's. Have ...)
Hubby's at a dinner meeting out of town, so I'll be scrounging leftovers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby's at a dinner ...)
Well, I'm quite pleased - We love these stuffed peppers, just can't remember what review dinner they were from tho.

Able to use from the freezer for these (with a little freezer burn -
banana (?) peppers, tho they seemed hotter than a banana pepper
ground turkey
ground beef
prosciutto (used some for more flavor)
cooked brown rice

[Image: JambalyaStuffedPepperJune9.jpg]

and, may I say they were just wonderful with banana ketchup - if you don't have this made, I suggest you do thnk about it. What a wonderful condiment.
[Image: StuffedPepperJune9.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by cjs (Well, I'm quite plea...)
That looks wonderful, Jean! I'm going to have to look for that recipe.

We're having chorizo and potato tacos with a chopped salad. We haven't had the tacos in a long time, but I remember really liking them.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by cjs (Well, I'm quite plea...)
Jean that looks great! Yumm-o!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by luvnit (Jean that looks grea...)
I made a Greek salad and that will be enough for me. Ron is having a piece of l/o steak with his.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/9?? by Mare749 (I made a Greek salad...)
I am totally fried! (ONE MORE HALF DAY WITH KIDS AND ONE WORK DAY LEFT!)

I can't think of ANYTHING! If I don't come up with something soon, it will be burgers here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.