What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13??
  Re: (...)
Wha'ts on everyone's menu today?

The first item from the "Planking" book (the planked cheese and grilled grapes) was so good, I'm doing planked salmon today. The salmon is crusted with a mustard based sauce, so we'll see. And, some couscous.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by cjs (Wha'ts on everyone's...)
I'm thinking grilled turkey mignons and a salad, but that's subject to change after I go to my favorite vegetable market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking grilled...)
Hmmmmm? I'm not sure, but now that you mention salmon, I'm thinking that may be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hmmmmm? I'm not sur...)
If all goes well the injected chicken
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by DFen911 (If all goes well the...)
Change of plan. I'm doing a grilled vegetable sandwich that we like to do in the summer. I'm sure everyone has their own version of this, but here's one I cut out of a magazine last year.

Take a loaf of good Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise and hollow it out so it's not so bready. Then put a good amount of hummus on one side, then layer with any grilled veggies (onion, peppers, portabellas, zukes, yellow squash or eggplant, then a layer of sharp cheddar followed by lettuce, tomato and garlic mayo. It's a lot for just the two of us, but the leftovers are great. (I don't store the l/os with lettuce and tomato because they get too soggy)

It's one of those meals that makes you feel like you are eating so healthy because it's vegetarian.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by Mare749 (Change of plan. I'm...)
Tonight's menu is Green salad with bleu cheese dressing and grilled steak with Garlic Scape & Lemon Pasta. Or . . . a garlic scape pizza (wonder where I got that idea???) with the salad & steak - I'll check with Bob.

Today was so much fun; there were a lot of fun guys coming in to play golf, I got some more work done on the spread sheet, and Tonya and I had a ball in the kitchen making some kick butt BBQ sauces and hot wing sauce for a "wings and a pitcher" special.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by Harborwitch (Tonight's menu is Gr...)
Sounds like a great day, Sharon!

We're headed to my MIL's house for a long weekend tomorrow, so I went freezer-diving and found leftover chili, hot dogs,and buns, so I made C@H's onion slaw and we had chili dogs for dinner. Cantaloupe on the side was our only concession to a healthy meal....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by karyn (Sounds like a great ...)
Maryann, this may be tomorrow's dinner - I have lots of veggies to grill and some bread in the freezer. sounds really good.

The planked salmon with the mustard sauce was very good and it gave me a chance to cook salmon at a lower temp. that Bill has been touting and it does do a good job. Another new method.

Hope you're able to try the chicken, Denise, I used some of it in a chicken mousse for the party and it was wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by cjs (Maryann, this may be...)
Well change again..my injector went missing. So I'm buying a new one tomorrow and will have to do the chicken Thursday night
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/13?? by Harborwitch (Tonight's menu is Gr...)
I will find the link to the pasta in the am!! OMG!

Thank you Jean & Roy for the garlic scapes. I think we just might be addicted! How did I not know how wonderful these are.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!