Sunday Dinner, 7/17???
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Lorraine (We cleaned out a fre...)
"(grilled the tortilla with beans and cheese on it)." - did I miss something? What did you do?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, boy! I had to b...)
We're home from my MIL's, but I have no idea what we'll have for dinner. If I wasn't tired of traveling, I'd be headed for Daphne's OMG! Her dinner sounds incredible!

Quote:

I'm finally going to do my lobster stuffed tenderloin today. YUM! I'm just going to boil some fresh potatoes and serve with butter and a simple salad with cukes and tomatoes from the garden.

Denise, I'm sorry about your foodsaver, but I agree, it's not an optional appliance in my kitchen. Last time mine died, I consoled myself with how much more I liked my new one, despite the somewhat rediculous price!

I'm either going to scrounge up something for dinner, or we'll head for the local tavern.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by karyn (We're home from my M...)
Welcome home, Karyn.

I'm also curious about the grilled tortilla.....what's the deal?

Almost forgot, dinner tonight will probably be chinese take-out. It's 94 here and we painted all day. We're both pooped, so it's cocktails time and take-out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Mare749 (Welcome home, Karyn....)
Yup, I'm with you Maryann - time for a cocktail and go sit on the porch like the old retired couple we be and read our books!! Be good everyone - I'm outta here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by cjs ("(grilled the tortil...)
Quote:

"(grilled the tortilla with beans and cheese on it)." - did I miss something? What did you do?

Yes, I think you did - LOL. Yesterday I mentioned this recipe and you said you were off to look at or something like that.

Maryann - you simple take a corn tortilla, top it with refried beans and shredded cheese, throw it on the grill until the cheese melts then build your taco. So much more interesting than just a plain warm tortilla.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We are sitting here licking our fingers and groaning. The injected chicken was incredible, made a gravy from the pan juices and a slurry, brown jasmine rice and bacon cashew green beans. OMG. I could eat this a lot - only problem was that we couldn't run the AC and the oven at the same time.

Amazing chicken though!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Harborwitch (We are sitting here ...)
That injected chix is sure a repeat for us!!

Trixxee, I finally got out the grilling books and looked for the pork tacos - Maryann, it's in the book with Five-spice glazed chicken on the cover. I had taped the reviews from Erin and Karen (iCook) to the page. This looks so good.

Thanks Trixxee and I hope I don't drive you (or anyone else) crazy with my short term memory losses....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by cjs (That injected chix i...)
Awww, we love helping each other, Jean!

I actually took a minute to capture dinner last night and thought I'd share. Not perfect....hard to get a great shot when you're hungry...LOL!

[Image: LobsterStuffedTenderloin.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Gourmet_Mom (Awww, we love helpin...)
Oooooh Daphne that looks wonderful!!!

I think I'll keep my injectors handy. Everything is better with a little injection. Hmmmmm.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17??? by Harborwitch (Oooooh Daphne that l...)
Wow, looks wonderful, Daphne!!
www.achefsjourney.com