What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for hump day for everyone?

We're having Quesadilla Burgers with Grilled Corn Salsa - recipe from Food Network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/adobo...index.html
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
Interesting recipe, Jean. I'll be interested how it turns out.

As far as my dinner is concerned....I have no idea! I'm off to cruise through some of the other dinner threads and see if something strikes my fancy!

Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by Gourmet_Mom (Interesting recipe, ...)
We're having burgers too! Regular beef burgers this time. I'm afraid to use ground turkey right now. Ohio is one of the states that reported illness.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by Gourmet_Mom (Interesting recipe, ...)
Like others here, my freezer is full and I need to stop buying groceries and try to use up what's in there. So tonight it's chicken & mozzarella ravioli (from Costco) and homemade marinara. I'm toying with the idea of making a small batch of alfredo sauce. One of my favorite restaurants serves their ravioli marinara with a "ribbon" of alfredo sauce on top.

Does anyone know if there is any reason I couldn't freeze any leftover alfredo sauce successfully?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by Trixxee (Like others here, my...)
I'm only guessing on this one, but it would probably be fine, Trixxee. There are a lot of frozen entrees at the grocery store that have alfredo sauce, so it should be fine. Although, who knows what kind of binders/stabilizers/additives are in the those...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by Mare749 (I'm only guessing on...)
Okay, at first I thought I'd do that Noble Pig Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Sauce, but then Erin mentioned the [Email]C@H[/Email] Mustard BBQ Sauce. So that's probably dinner tonight with a side of corn and slaw. But to be honest, I'd love to have this:

Duck Risotto
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, at first I tho...)
Quote:

Duck Risotto

OH MY!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/3?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
wow, that does looks good.

Alfredo sauce freezes nicely.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com