What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

As I said earlier, we're having the same darn thing today we had yesterday. Adobo Quesadilla Burger with Corn Salsa. Man, these are good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We're having Adobo Quesadilla Burgers with Corn Salsa, too! Off to get the beef and cilantro now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having Adobo Q...)
It's clean out the fridge night. We've got leftover ham & bean soup, ravioli, salad stuff, grilled cheese fixings, cantaloupe & watermelon galore.

We'll be gone a good part of the weekend (horse racing!) so want to use all this stuff up.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by Trixxee (It's clean out the f...)
I have some local corn, and tons of cherry/grape tomatoes, if I had fresh limas, I'd be making succotash! We're trying some new rubs he has made and is hoping to market, so I think it will be more chicken skewers. We put them out in the Wine Shop yesterday to great reviews.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I may have to make that burger this weekend. Is that in the latest issue?

Tonight we are having friends over for a smelt fry. So I will fry some smelt and some zucchini fries. I am making some chipotle mayo and tarter sauce. Also a honey-cumin cilantry slaw.

For the appetizer? I am making Jean's Caviar Pie! Testing it on my guinea pigs tonight! I can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by luvnit (I may have to make t...)
Oh, I think I have some smelt buried in the bowels of a freezer - love fried smelts!! Hope you enjoy the caviar pie - wish I was closer!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by luvnit (I may have to make t...)
What a great menu, Laura. Have a wonderful party.

We're having "Crisp Crusty Snapper" with sauteed spinach, from Cuisine Tonight. I'm hoping my son-in-law will be able to pick up some local corn on his way home from work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by Mare749 (What a great menu, L...)
I have never had smelt. Is it fishy tasting?

Sounds good, Maryann. Anxious to hear how it turns out!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have never had sme...)
NO - geez, you sound like Roy! Was your nose turned up or did you have a sneer on your face when you typed that?? Roy always does.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/4?? by cjs (NO - geez, you sound...)
LOL! Both!
Daphne