What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having a date night - going to see 'The Help' and go out for dinner. Maybe http://www.sabaithaipa.com/ haven't been for a while. Shoot, just looked and they aren't open Sundays. Back to square one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean that would have been an incredible dinner out! I can't wait to see The Help.

Tonight is going to be Eggplant parm., and pasta filled with ricotta, spinach, and grilled chicken. Cast in stone!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I think we're just having leftovers from going out yesterday.

Jean - my dad saw The Help the other night and said it was great. I forget what the person's name is but he thought one of the characters was so great he wouldn't be surivived if she gets nominated for an Academy Award.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by Trixxee (I think we're just h...)
We had a wonderful brunch - yesterday, I grilled (in no sunshine!!! ) a half chicken with a Greek seasoning (thanks Gil) under the skin and brushed with bbq sauce - wonderful flavors!!

[Image: GrilledchixwGreekSeasoning.jpg]

and, this a.m. with a little bubbly, we had the Grilled Turkey (chicken), Brie (camembert), Apple Butter Sandwich from Tyler Florence on FoodNetwork site.

[Image: GrilledChixCamenbertAppleButter.jpg]

It was really good and very well matched with the Rye bread!! It's a repeat!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by cjs (We had a wonderful b...)
Sadly, I'm afraid I may not have enough chicken left to do this tonight. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by cjs (We had a wonderful b...)
Looks good Jean! That sammie sounds really good, maybe I'll have to grill an extra chix breast and get some apple butter.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Quote:

'The Help'

I've been meaning to buy the book, the commercials on tv look fabulous! allo 4 burners are in use, so I'm hoping supper is something in the oven (let's heat up the kitchen a bit more!!!). We spent a few hours at the winery today, and I broke down 40 lbs of chicken breasts, took all the trimmings home, and that's in one stock pot. Saved up all my corn cobs, and that's in another stock pot (to be used in 18 hour bread for a another wwedding).. Had lots of fresh blueberries left from a wedding yesterday, so they are cooking down in a Sweet Red Reserve Wine. Stopped at a market stand on the way home, and bought local cabbage and carrots, so they are stewing away with onions and local tomatoes the church was giving away. Bought some local peaches, so when the first pot somes off, on they go with somne peach wine. Then, I'll do Italian Plums in probably some Cab Franc. I have a quart of chicken crepe stuffing from the wedding, and some unsauced cooked penne, and lots of good cheeses to top it with. If I don't fall asleep, supper will be good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Wow! Lorraine, it sounds like you guys are staying busy! I love the way you use left over stuff to make something fresh for another event!

Forgot about dinner. William had a tenderloin someone gave him and he was so happy with the potato salad and three bean salad last night he wanted that again. He's trying to claim all the three bean salad and stick me with the regular salad. I told him there' be a fight....LOL! I forgot how good it was. Last night was so nostalgic. The two salads were some his grandmother made regularly in summer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Lorraine, it s...)
RAIN! so we're having the very comforting favorite, Eggplant Rollatine, fettucine on the side Mmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Lorraine, it s...)
Daphne, it's the only weay to survive in this business. Nothing goes to waste. Folks love syrup/jam on the brunch menu, so I always make it when I can, and always use wine from the Winery.Makes for a good selling feature.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.