What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're having a pizza tasting at the winery tomorrow, so I'll be making doughs and toppings today. Maybe just grill a piece of meat and some veggies and call it dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think we're having a thai basil curry dish - with tilapia. This recipe has a lot of lime peel in it that makes it really good. I bought a big thing of fresh basil at TJ's yesterday that should be enough for a couple of different recipes.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by Trixxee (I think we're having...)
Trixxee, you sure do find some fun dishes to make! Healthy sounding too.

I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight. The craving for Mexican food has been on my mind all week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by Mare749 (Trixxee, you sure do...)
I had mentioned crunchy chicken fingers yesterday before I changed my mind. William was disappointed. My feet are killing me, but he has agreed to cook them for me. How could I say no. He'll sweet potato fries to with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by Gourmet_Mom (I had mentioned crun...)
God, Daphne, I can't get you all on the East side of the neighborhood off my mind!!! Please you all be careful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by cjs (God, Daphne, I can't...)
Eh, it looks like Sunday's going to be the soaker from Irene. The month of August will probably break the record for wettest in history in this area.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 8/25? by BarbaraS (Eh, it looks like Su...)
Yea, it's getting a little interesting around here. It looks like it will probably hit slightly north of here, but there's no guarantee. But even with that, winds here are likely to be near hurricane force. Not good when you consider all the trees in my yard....with three dead! OIY! If it looks like it is going to be bad, we'll head to the farm....no trees. We're all gased up. William's checking on the generator tomorrow. We're old hands at this. I just pray for no property damage. Schools are letting out early, but staff has to stay. I sure hope there's food left in the grocery store when I get off! The worst part is if we loose power. It is possible it will take days to get it back. That's some miserable hot muggy days if the generator won't work!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.