Socca
  Re: (...)
So my friend and old instructor came over to play this weekend. She introduced me to Socca. This a street food from France and is made with chic-pea flour.

1 cup (130g) chickpea flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (280ml) water
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

Freshly-ground black pepper, plus additional sea salt and olive oil for serving

1. Mix together the flour, water, salt, pepper flakes, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Let batter rest at least 2 hours, covered, at room temperature.

2. - In a cast iron skillet drizzle with olive oil and heat to hot but not smoking. Pour batter into pan and let it cook till the sides are starting to crisp up and the middle is firming up. Flip over and cook for an addition minute or two. (I didn't make 1 big one, but rather used a small pan and made 4 small ones) They have the consistency of a cross between a tortilla and a crepe.

These are best is served warm and I spread hummus on mine and they are delish!!

She has makes one with herbs de provence and makes a pizza dough out of it.
  Re: Socca by DFen911 (So my friend and old...)
This sounds wonderful, Denise! I guess I may need to add chickpea flour to my next order.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Socca by Gourmet_Mom (This sounds wonderfu...)
This is interesting, Denise. I love to make roasted veggie sandwiches and this would probably hold up well and taste good.

Didn't Jean do something with chick pea flour a while back?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Socca by Mare749 (This is interesting,...)
Yes, and I still have some and this sounds like something to play with...now. Thanks Denise! Oh my, with some grilled baby veggies? Yum.

P.S. What a day this may turn out to be - I have sourdough pizza dough working, Cis' cornmeal/18 hours pizza dough working and now I must play with chickpea flour..... Whew, burp!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Socca by cjs (Yes, and I still hav...)
Sounds interesting and like a nice quick snack food
Cis
Empress for Life