T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9??
  Re: (...)
Hallelujah, it's Friday, all you young workers!!! What's for dinner??

Pizza party time at the winery for us - and a pizza party on Sunday, that I don't feel we can get out of even tho I told the hostess I'm not sure I want to look at pizza again so soon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by cjs (Hallelujah, it's Fri...)
Leftovers for dinner - then dancing!
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by cjs (Hallelujah, it's Fri...)
I'm not sure. We have some leftovers that I need to clean up and I've got all the stuff I put off while on "chair rest".
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure. We ha...)
An asian-y salad with grilled chicken, romaine, napa cabbage, cilantro, green onions, cashews.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by HomeCulinarian (Leftovers for dinner...)
Chicken burger w/basil mayonnaise. Served open faced on a slice of toasted French bread. This recipe is from one of the C@H grilling cookbooks. It's really quite good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by losblanos1 (Chicken burger w/bas...)
I picked up a Tbone. That with a potato and salad is dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up a Tbone....)
Lots of chicken leftover from Labor day. Those Game Hens were 2 lbs each! Going to make chicken quesadillas tonight.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by BarbaraS (Lots of chicken left...)
Those chicken burgers sound pretty good, losblanos! I don't have the grilling books. Any chance you could post that recipe for me?

We had garlic shrimp, zucchini fritters and a salad for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by Mare749 (Those chicken burger...)
Hi Maryann, here's that recipe that you asked about, enjoy!
Chicken burgers with basil mayonnaise

Makes 4 burgers
Total time: 40 minutes

FOR THE BASIL MAYONNAISE-
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
salt & pepper to taste

FOR THE BURGERS-
1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or turkey
1/3 cup dill relish
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 slices havarti cheese
4 Italian baguette slices, cut on the bias
(about an inch thick)
Red leaf lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
Diced avocado

Preheat grill to medium high; line a cookie sheet with parchment or spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.

Blend together 1/4 cup mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a food processer until smooth; Set aside.

Mix together chicken, relish, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, salt & pepper in a bowl. Gently shape the meat into 4 patties slightly larger than bread to allow for shrinkage. Grill burgers, covered, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes a side. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top burgers with cheese, place bread on the grill, and cook covered until the cheese melts and the is bread toasted.

To assemble, arrange lettuce and tomatoes on bread, then top with burgers, mayonnaise, and avocado
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/9?? by losblanos1 (Hi Maryann, here's t...)
Thanks Losblanos. I think this may be dinner tonight!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.