What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to today??

I've been craving a pizza, so I think a pepperoni and onion for brunch and some of the neighbor's l/os (probably the tuna casserole) for later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Sounds good Jean! Tony's cooking today. A pot of sauce with italian sausages and then he's adding pieces of round steak (though he's not stuffing it like brasciole). I guess his italian grandmother used to do this so who am I to make a fuss? I bought some fancy shaped pasta at the italian market for it. I think I've got salad fixings too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by Trixxee (Sounds good Jean! T...)
Shrimp and pasta. The shrimp recipe is pretty weird but it tastes great and we have company coming so fast and easy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by piano226 (Shrimp and pasta. Th...)
We're having grilled pork tenderloin with a peanut mole sauce. So far, the mole sauce is tasting pretty uninspired. I'll grill some broccolini as a side.

On a side note....I'm really looking forward to October...being one of the few Christians teaching at a Jewish day school, I'll have time to play again. Lots of long weekends!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by karyn (We're having grilled...)
I brought home a couple of Rib eyes we didn't grill up in Oregon so we're gonna have those tonight with a bottle of Boca Noir we brought home
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by DFen911 (I brought home a cou...)
We had pizza, too! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by karyn (We're having grilled...)
Quote:

We're having grilled pork tenderloin with a peanut mole sauce. So far, the mole sauce is tasting pretty uninspired. I'll grill some broccolini as a side.

On a side note....I'm really looking forward to October...being one of the few Christians teaching at a Jewish day school, I'll have time to play again. Lots of long weekends!

Karyn, that's pretty nice! Just in time to give you a well-deserved break, too. I just looked at the calendar and saw that Hanukkah starts just four days before Christmas, so you should get a nice long break there as well.

Today was family dinner, pot roast, roasted root vegetables,
and Cuban bread. Hey, where is Cubangirl lately?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's true. She hasn't been around lately. Last I remember she was wrapping up here mother's affairs in Florida. Was she heading to see family in California? Hopefully, she'll check in soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by Gourmet_Mom (That's true. She ha...)
Threw together some onions, broccoli, Chinese long beans, chicken, chili-garlic sauce, ginger and noodles for a kind of "lo mein" or "chop suey." Very tasty.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday - 9/25? by labradors (Threw together some ...)
Oh, those 'throw together' will get 'cha everytime!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com